Champions League

1 hour ago, compo said:

Never watched the game Mrs compo and I settled for an episode of midsomer murders she had a few gins while I had a bottle of pop

Pity you missed it. It was a real match i.e. each side tried to win the game in 90 minutes in a way that suited their abilities Chelsea’s defending was outstanding without ever losing the chance to go forward as a team. No bus parking and in those classic Scottish managers’ words, “hoping to nick one on the break”.

That’s enough praising Chelsea. Jammy blues.

3 hours ago, Scott7 said:

Pity you missed it. It was a real match i.e. each side tried to win the game in 90 minutes in a way that suited their abilities Chelsea’s defending was outstanding without ever losing the chance to go forward as a team. No bus parking and in those classic Scottish managers’ words, “hoping to nick one on the break”.

That’s enough praising Chelsea. Jammy blues.

Yes I gather it was a good game just been reading some reports on the city team saying he left his midfield rather soft giving Chelsea the dominance but Chelsea are a good outfit and worthy champions from what I've read 

5 hours ago, compo said:

Never watched the game Mrs compo and I settled for an episode of midsomer murders she had a few gins while I had a bottle of pop

I vaguely remember the name. Wasnt that the bloke from Bergerac? Now an episode of the latter in the day might have been worth watching over a game. I cant believe Mrs Comp didnt drip a few drops of liquor into that pop.

• 3 months later...
On 30/05/2021 at 10:26, Scott7 said:

Correct result unfortunately

Rousseau is right. Chelsea’s defence was brilliant

Bill could have been right. A matter of inches and City could have scored four.  A David Silva would have ensured that the inches were in City’s favour. An Aguero would have ensured the dividend.

Sterling has enhanced his musculature at the expense of pace. Not good for a winger. He must be planning retirement to midfield.

A goal down into the  last half hour, who do you bring on? Fernandhino?

What was Mahrez so agitated about in the tunnel before the second half? 

Kante, a superb football player. Stage manager for the artists.

Last game of the season and my pre semi final prediction is correct. More’s the pity.

That's a great description if I may say so.

On 30/05/2021 at 20:50, Gribz said:

I vaguely remember the name. Wasnt that the bloke from Bergerac? Now an episode of the latter in the day might have been worth watching over a game. I cant believe Mrs Comp didnt drip a few drops of liquor into that pop.

John Nettles, now replaced by Neil Dudgeon. We watch it too.

2 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

John Nettles, now replaced by Neil Dudgeon. We watch it too.

John Nettles was indeed Bergerac and morphed into Barnaby in Midsommer Murders followed by Neil Gudgeon as said.

Usually retire to computer when on or use it as a sleep tonic.?