Champions League

I hd a choice to watch the CL final between the Bank of Madrid and the Bank of Liverpool - or the League Two playoff final from Wembley between two proper football clubs. Naturally, I didn't chose the predictable bore fest in Paris, which is guaranteed to be everything I hate about the CL gravy train.

Congratulations to Port Vale.

Port Vale.png

This final isn't great viewing.

The commentators are annoying.

The atmosphere reminds me of us in Seville - this is what happens when you fill a stadium with people who don't follow their team regularly.  

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

This final isn't great viewing.

The commentators are annoying.

The atmosphere reminds me of us in Seville - this is what happens when you fill a stadium with people who don't follow their team regularly.  

It's terrible...lol!

I wish both teams could lose.

It's like watching the Rothschilds play the DuPonts. 

12 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

...and so it was...Real Madrid won their 14th European Championship that evening...and the Red Mhob went on to burn Paris...

So much of Paris resembles a Baghdad slum that it would benefit enormously from a cleansing burn

38 minutes ago, Bill said:

So much of Paris resembles a Baghdad slum that it would benefit enormously from a cleansing burn

Oh yes sir.

Ever been to Saint-Denis?

Stumbled onto that place once...Europe...WTF are you doing?

17 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

Europe...WTF are you doing?

Diversity and Inclusion.

Back to the match - the second half was a better watch.  Tough on Liverpool but as soon as RM scored, you could sense it was going to be their night.

BTW, how utterly preposterous was the pre-match Camila Cabello show!?  That sort of music is for wee lassies, not football fans.  Americanised nonsense!

Fantastic result. I thought a good game. Not many times Liverpool were actually matched man for man. The goal ruled out first half was more of a goal than the actual one. But delighted Madrid won. They turned up. Carlo - Arsenal madness not to get him.

6 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Americanised nonsense!

Bullseye brother.

Diversity and Inclusion.

haha! On point. The BS is so deep you need a snorkel.

Back to the match - the second half was a better watch.  Tough on Liverpool but as soon as RM scored, you could sense it was going to be their night.

Liverpool shat the bed, end of.

They should have had that locked up in the first half.

Missed chances against RM....never end well.