Champions League

6 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

You obviously weren't in the same section as me.  I can only go on my own experience, craig.  

I know plenty of regulars who were there but the people around me were acting like big game hunters.  

Maybe - but it is actually offensive to suggest that many of the Rangers fans in the stadium were "big game hunters".  Our section was filled with Frankfurters,, folks from Glasgow, myself from Bermuda and a guy who came in from LA.  Dont for a second think that the distance travelled means we are less a fan than those behind the goal.

I also paid for half my Uncle's ticket and he had more of your experience - but the way you portray it he would be one of those who don't follow their team regularly because he wasnt in the "right section"... despite him being a ST holder for 37 years and follow following all across Europe.

Boils my piss mate to see fellow fans suggest that we, in the stadium, were somehow not doing our bit - I lost my voice before half time trying to be choirmaster - and in the second half it was either stop singing or pass out.   

7 minutes ago, craig said:

Boils my piss mate to see fellow fans suggest that we, in the stadium, were somehow not doing our bit

Some people were doing their bit but a lot of others were doing nothing at all.   

I'm not sure what's contestable about what I'm saying - anyone at the match experienced it and posts on various Rangers sites suggest it came across that way on the televised broadcast (I haven't watched any highlights myself).  

The UEFA ticketing set-up enables it and from what I've read, Rangers distribution of tickets was also questionable.  

4 hours ago, craig said:

So it wasnt Liverpool fans acting the **** ? Genuine question as I was on a call with my kid's coach talking next season

Obviously not. If there was any fault on the fans the videos would be all over the media. To arrive at a ground over 2 hours before KO and not get in till 30 minutes after the original KO time is unacceptable. EUFA said last night it was fans turning up late, then changed it to fans with counterfeit tickets both lies. Just heard Andy Robertson on the news saying his mate was told his ticket was a forgery, a ticket Robertson got from the club.

26 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

Obviously not. If there was any fault on the fans the videos would be all over the media.

It's too early for it to be obvious.  There are videos of people trying to jump the gates (looks like locals and Liverpool fans).  

I'm certainly not going to stick up for UEFA but Liverpool fans have previous for trying to get in without tickets.

21 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

It's too early for it to be obvious.  There are videos of people trying to jump the gates (looks like locals and Liverpool fans).  

I'm certainly not going to stick up for UEFA but Liverpool fans have previous for trying to get in without tickets.

I was in Athens and witnessed people getting in with bus tickets etc. But that has nothing to do with last night, 2.5 hours is ridiculous amount of time to gain access to a stadium. 

43 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

I was in Athens and witnessed people getting in with bus tickets etc. But that has nothing to do with last night, 2.5 hours is ridiculous amount of time to gain access to a stadium. 

Was it just the Liverpool end that had these elongated queues or did Madrid fans face similar?     

On 29/05/2022 at 13:33, BEARGER said:

Obviously not. If there was any fault on the fans the videos would be all over the media. To arrive at a ground over 2 hours before KO and not get in till 30 minutes after the original KO time is unacceptable. EUFA said last night it was fans turning up late, then changed it to fans with counterfeit tickets both lies. Just heard Andy Robertson on the news saying his mate was told his ticket was a forgery, a ticket Robertson got from the club.

Saw a little on the news last night - and the space they were kettling fans through looked dangerous - and, yeah, seems each of the excuses from UEFA and/or the French authorities, is just compounded made up shite to absolve themselves of any blame.  Must have been so traumatic for those Pool fans, especially given historic events involving their fans - for authorities to make stuff up to lay the blame at them is disgusting.

On 29/05/2022 at 14:02, Gonzo79 said:

Twitter has a personal account from a guy and he was talking of there being gangs of locals hanging around just waiting to mug people.  The French police didnt disperse them and he said that the atmosphere went from jovial to concerning when they were passing by these groups.