[FT] Royal Antwerp 3 - 4 Rangers (Aribo 38; Barisic 59pen, 90pen; Kent 83)

27 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Reminded me of the Moscow and Young Boys games. Very naive indeed. Luckily we got the win this time

Then again ... handball overlooked in 2 mins, Morelos clean through and might have scored, like the follow up might have. Kent blasts at the goalie after he scored a much more difficult goal, their 3-2 was rather lucky through both centre halfs and in off the post. Not to mention the dive for their penalty 2 mins (no reason for that) beyond the allocated 4 of extra time. Obviously, Aribo dilly-dallied and gave them a great chance and the Japanese hit the post too and Jack cleared some danger late on, but that was that from their point of view.

Alas, it was a decent enough open and good game of football, not least for the neutral. I for one didn`t expect us to be 100 % flawless after weeks and weeks of dire Premiership fare that hardly tested our defence  in the way Antwerp or other Europeans have and had. A good wake-up call nonetheless.

28 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Could have something to do with the fact people are not booting him up and down the park with impunity.

I wonder if he would get a penalty if he went down like a sack of potatoes every time someone touched him in the penalty box like that guy last night ? 

16 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Am I right in thinking that if we win next week then we have secured direct entry to the CL group stages for next season? Or does it apply to the season after? 

would be season after. Part of me hopes we don't secure it. 

Edited by the gunslinger

16 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Am I right in thinking that if we win next week then we have secured direct entry to the CL group stages for next season? Or does it apply to the season after? 

I'm sure it's the season after.

35 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Just a wee post script from last night. What was the need between Borna and their keeper after the penalty? Seemed quite out of character for Barasic. 

Keeper was trying to wind him up to put him off so Barisic gave him some back.