[FT] Royal Antwerp 3 - 4 Rangers (Aribo 38; Barisic 59pen, 90pen; Kent 83)

A quite incredible game of football that had absolutely everything.

Delighted to win as we were by far the better team.  Thought Goldson was fantastic, Morelos did brilliantly (but should have scored in first half) and Kent showed his class in the second half.

Big worry now over Tav but I am very much enjoying Michael Stewart tying himself into knots explaining why the Antwerp penalty was correct but the Rangers pens were not.

2 minutes ago, Frankie said:

but I am very much enjoying Michael Stewart tying himself into knots explaining why the Antwerp penalty was correct but the Rangers pens were not.

Seriously, he is actually saying that?

1 minute ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Saying that I can't recall us being so poor at the back in the league? Maybe St Mirren in the league cup but tonight was bizarre

It's just that we have had a run of some poor performances, in my view. We, however, got the points (Acas excepted, although you know what I mean), but tonight shows that what we get away with, in terms of performance, in the SPL, we don't get away with in Europe. Except we did. 

1 minute ago, DMAA said:

To an extent... ;)

To be fair he does say the Morelos one was a soft foul but Morelos should have scored whilst the BBC commentary felt he made the most of it.  As usual, he thinks the two claims we had for handball (one given, one not) weren't pens.

5 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Delighted to win as we were by far the better team.  Thought Goldson was fantastic, Morelos did brilliantly (but should have scored in first half) and Kent showed his class in the second half.

Big worry now over Tav but I am very much enjoying Michael Stewart tying himself into knots explaining why the Antwerp penalty was correct but the Rangers pens were not.

I really need to watch the whole match again! I thought Antwerp were very good! dodgy stream for me ?

2 minutes ago, DMAA said:

He is saying nothing now.

Carrying the Scottish standard in Europe, continually improving the Scottish coefficient single handedly, going ten games undefeated in Euro competition, ........ etc; forget it because as of 22.20hrs, BBC Radio Scotland's finished.

Still, quite typically, Richard Gordon's closing line was, "that was Rangers thirteenth penalty of the season".

9 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Oh he didn't did he? Even if Davis made contact the player still took a dive.