[FT] Royal Antwerp 3 - 4 Rangers (Aribo 38; Barisic 59pen, 90pen; Kent 83)

I think that this is a game that can be enjoyed with less tension than league matches. I know that I won't be as nervous as on the last couple of Sundays or the coming one. What I really want is to win the league asap and anything else is a bonus, so I view tonight as an opportunity to get in some good practise against better than usual opposition with hopefully a win at the end of it.

Thor`s Day, 18th of February 2021 - 20.00
Europa League

The Bosuilstadion, Antwerpen
:belrafc: v :scorangers:

Referee - Georgi Kabakov BUL

Assistants - Martin Margaritov BUL and Diyan Valkov BUL

Fourth Official - Ivan Bebek CRO

Video Assistant Referee - Felix Zwayer GER

Assistant Video Assistant Referee - Mark Borsch GER

Missing: Niko Katić (cruciate knee), Bongani Zungu, Nathan Patterson and Calvin Bassey (Quarantine)

Live on  BT Sport 3 and DAZN

1 hour ago, Biblio said:

I think that this is a game that can be enjoyed with less tension than league matches. I know that I won't be as nervous as on the last couple of Sundays or the coming one. What I really want is to win the league asap and anything else is a bonus, so I view tonight as an opportunity to get in some good practise against better than usual opposition with hopefully a win at the end of it.

I know what you’re saying, but for the club there is probably more riding on this fixture than it seems there is. Progression in the EL this season could make the difference in being seeded in the UCL playoff next season. I think it unlikely but I’m sure there was a possibility that it could come down to whether we can get some more points on the board this season. Being seeded would up our chances of group stage qualification massively. 

15 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I think it unlikely but I’m sure there was a possibility that it could come down to whether we can get some more points on the board this season.

I've had a look. As things stand, to have any chance of being seeded in next season's UCL playoff we either need 3-4 upsets in Q3 (which won't happen) or we need 3 more wins in this season's competition and Red star to lose both their games to AC Milan and Young Boys to lose both their games to Leverkusen. If that happens we still won't be on course to be seeded, but we would only be relying on one upset in the previous round.

In summary, we won't be seeded in next season's playoff :laugh2:

Edited by DMAA

Wow, a wee bit worried with this lineup. 

Arfield in for Jack. Arfield has played 2 minutes since coming back from 8 games out.

Hagi drops out which I actually expected but a bit disappointing as he’s out most creative player. Kent drops out too. 

The front three I can understand the rotation but Jack dropping out away from home puzzles me.