Gerrard interview - confirms the five players involved

I think that's Zungu finished with us. He needed more time to deal with the physical side of the game, but generally, he's not shown enough to be given that time, and this breach is the nail in the coffin. 

I think the youngsters should be punished, but then given a route back. 

If Tavernier was injured, Patterson has really shot himself in the foot. When is Tavernier injured, to give Patterson a game? Karma.  

37 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I think that's Zungu finished with us. He needed more time to deal with the physical side of the game, but generally, he's not shown enough to be given that time, and this breach is the nail in the coffin. 

Is Zungu purely a loan with the option to buy, or a loan that will definitely turn into a buy, like McCrorie at Aberdeen was?

Edit - just seen on the club website that it's an option to buy.

I don't think we should use this as a vehicle to get rid of anyone as the rheptiles did with bolingoli, if he's not good enough, punt him for that, not because he's been stupid. A certain Geordie would never have had a career at Ibrox if we'd got shot any time he did something stupid, and many others like him.

I agree with you regarding the youngsters, punish and see if they learn from their mistake. Young Nathan's family don't come out of this well, claiming he was at home when he clearly wasn't. 

Surely it can only be 4 Rangers players. Zungu is here on loan, so is not our player. But if you count Zungu as being our player as he is registered with us as a loan player, then Mebude is not our player as he is at QotS on loan. 

I know it is being picky, but you know pretty well this is how it would be reported if it had happened elsewhere (if reported at all).

I have zero tolerance for anyone going to house parties. There is no grey area. It's totally illegal, as well as being stupid, reckless, selfish and dangerous. 

I hope all players involved are sacked immediately. This isn't wee boys doing something stupid, like getting into a fight outside a nightclub, or letting off fireworks at a neighbour. This is a global pandemic in which the rules have been very publicly laid out. There are some concessions to football clubs to allow them to continue playing, but not for anything outside of matches and training. 

There has been plenty of warnings, and they seen how the careers of Edmundson & Jones were affected by similar actions, and we know all players were warned and made fully aware of the consequences of breaking the rules in this area. Yet these players showed they have no respect for our club, our management team, our fans (who have to abide by these rules and who have paid or a full season that we wont see), or for the nation as a whole. To me it wouldn't matter if it was these fringe players or our biggest assets, instant dismissal for gross misconduct for anyone going to a feckin party under these current restrictions.