[FT] Rangers 4 (Hagi 35; Kent 38; Aribo 48; Morelos 64) - 1 Dundee Utd

1 hour ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I think you're being harsh on the big guy. I thought he was quite composed and opted for ball retention rather than speculative crosses into a packed area. Passing it to our more creative players seemed sensible IMO. Ok he might not be Tav but I'm sure he'll fill in ok in his absence. He has got a good engine on him and he is quick 

yeah to me we didn't look to be about ball retention we looked to be going for goals 

in fairness to him the 2 crosses he did put in were decent. 

9 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

yeah to me we didn't look to be about ball retention we looked to be going for goals 

in fairness to him the 2 crosses he did put in were decent. 

IMO our ball retention in the right areas (last third) got us the goals. I'm glad we didn't resort to hopeful crosses

I must admit I’m more than a little worried about this game tomorrow. After such a roller coaster of a game on Thursday, and considering it is always difficult coming back from an away European game, I am hoping we can re-focus on this massive game in front of us.

Clearly, we need to re-jig the line up again with the injuries picked up and unavailable players, and our opponent will be well up for this one also.

I will take 3 points any way they come and get us closer to the finishing line, but I’m not expecting a similarly exciting game.  We must start in the right fashion with a high tempo, try to get the game won early.

Hopefully the return of European games is enough to break us out of our recent domestic sludge where we have struggled in many recent games to find and keep the right tempo. We know we have to play at a much higher level to go further in Europe, and we might see that level filtering into our domestic games now. 

I would love to put in a great performance, score a few goals, clean sheet, and put even more pressure on the bheasts at Dingwall later tomorrow. A Carlsberg Sunday would take us to 2 wins away from the title!

50 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

I must admit I’m more than a little worried about this game tomorrow. After such a roller coaster of a game on Thursday, and considering it is always difficult coming back from an away European game, I am hoping we can re-focus on this massive game in front of us.

Clearly, we need to re-jig the line up again with the injuries picked up and unavailable players, and our opponent will be well up for this one also.

I will take 3 points any way they come and get us closer to the finishing line, but I’m not expecting a similarly exciting game.  We must start in the right fashion with a high tempo, try to get the game won early.

Hopefully the return of European games is enough to break us out of our recent domestic sludge where we have struggled in many recent games to find and keep the right tempo. We know we have to play at a much higher level to go further in Europe, and we might see that level filtering into our domestic games now. 

I would love to put in a great performance, score a few goals, clean sheet, and put even more pressure on the bheasts at Dingwall later tomorrow. A Carlsberg Sunday would take us to 2 wins away from the title!

I understand the trepidation but I think we will win this game comfortably. The injuries shouldn't have too much impact on our shape. I can see this becoming a 3/4 goal victory if we get an early goal and set a good tempo. 

Dundee United got a big victory with only 10 men last week so any thoughts that this will be easy would be misplaced. Any win would do me but I hope for a at least a couple of first half goals for us to steady my nerves.

4 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

learly, we need to re-jig the line up again with the injuries picked up and unavailable players, and our opponent will be well up for this one also

Not a lot of rejigging require,Balogun to right back,Aribo to bench start for Arfield and if Kent struggling Wright in his place.