[FT] Rangers 4 (Hagi 35; Kent 38; Aribo 48; Morelos 64) - 1 Dundee Utd

I was really anxious again in the hours leading up to the match but feeling better now. I still feel a bit worried but every team in the world would like to be this far ahead with eight games to go, so maybe I should learn to relax more. Looking forward to Thursday, the players must be full of confidence.

1 minute ago, Biblio said:

I was really anxious again in the hours leading up to the match but feeling better now. I still feel a bit worried but every team in the world would like to be this far ahead with eight games to go, so maybe I should learn to relax more. Looking forward to Thursday, the players must be full of confidence.

I'm the same - nervous to a completely irrational degree before every league game. I shudder to think what I'd be like if it was close run!

In a strange way the large lead almost makes the nerves greater, the worry that we could still throw the league away. I can't see it happening at all but the last 2 seasons post new year collapse still weigh on the mind.

But thinking logically, I think our record in all competitions this season (including Europe) is 37 wins, 4 draws and 1 loss. It's an absolutely incredible record, there is no doubt that this is a different team mentally to the ones we had in previous seasons.

The post match analysis by McCann and Kerr plus the interview with SG were a really cool and eye-opening watch.

NB. Re Jack, some tightness  in his calf after 10 mins and he went off before it became an injury, well hopefully. We wanted to keep Kamara rested ahead of Thursday.

All round cool afternoon, also kudos to the Arabs as well as a decent enough referee.

Edited by der Berliner

3 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

In a strange way the large lead almost makes the nerves greater, the worry that we could still throw the league away. I can't see it happening at all but the last 2 seasons post new year collapse still weigh on the mind.

But thinking logically, I think our record in all competitions this season (including Europe) is 37 wins, 4 draws and 1 loss. It's an absolutely incredible record, there is no doubt that this is a different team mentally to the ones we had in previous seasons.

Honestly I just don't see how we could throw it away; the collapse would have to be astronomical. The pressure is much more on the other lot.

Thought we were second best all over the park for 30 mins then we got a goal against the run of play and never looked back. A lot of that is the shape and effort United started with had us on the back foot and we had to rely on some great saves from McGregor to keep us in it. I give United a lot of credit for the way they shaped up and played, if they match that in a couple of weeks, we could be crowned at Tannadice (again) without playing (I think!)

Once we hit them with a quick fire double the result was never in doubt and we created a lot of chances and played some good stuff. Only negative in second half was conceding a consolation goal, that shows how picky we are getting!

Delighted with the win, 3 more points closer now, and hopefully Ross County can complete the Carlsberg Sunday and bring us even closer.