• Scott Arfield
    • Steven Davis
    • Glen Kamara
    • Joe Aribo
    • Kemar Roofe
    • Alfredo Morelos
    • Leon Balogun
    • Ryan Kent

Certainly a few candidates from last night.

I thought Goldson was immense again, Davis again did well for long periods, Barisic was superb in the second half and Kent hugely important too but has to be Morelos who showed exactly how important to the team he is, explaining why people always want him banned.

A good few players have a very good shout.

I thought Barisic was immense. His constant running provided us with an outlet which was probably our primary danger for spells in the game. He was running beyond their defence and his delivery was fantastic more often than not. 

Morelos, he had a great game. Involved in all the goals in some way, it was good to see him at his best and enjoying the game. His link up play was really good and I hope he carries that hunger into the domestic fixtures, especially with Roofe out. 

Kent, this game really suited him and he rose to the occasion with his best goal at Rangers for me. That equaliser was huge and we may have lose the game without it. 

I’ve given it to Kamara, partly because he didn’t have any votes. I thought he was immense. He was again providing lung busting runs from midfield which stretched the game and caused them all sorts of problems. He genuinely looks a cut above at times with his mastery of the ball and he always saves his best performances for Europe.

That was as selfless as I have ever seen Alfie too. I used to be frustrated as his tendency to take on hopeless shots and dribbles and to be just little bit too slow playing a pass. There was none of that last night, everything was sharp and instant and he had a really good awareness of his teammates around him. Maybe it helped that he had more support. 

2 hours ago, Frankie said:

Certainly a few candidates from last night.

I thought Goldson was immense again, Davis again did well for long periods, Barisic was superb in the second half and Kent hugely important too but has to be Morelos who showed exactly how important to the team he is, explaining why people always want him banned.

Agree with all of the above! 

It wasn't the sort of game that has an obvious MOTM. No one stood out to any great degree, everyone made contributions and everyone made mistakes. The only real winner was the team for its collective effort, cohesion and spirit. 

Tbh I'm no longer sure I even understand what a MOTM vote requires. Unless it's a truly outstanding performance, head and shoulders above everyone else, I guess it comes down to voting for favourites and it's clear we all have them.