Nathan Patterson - stick or twist?

1 hour ago, the gunslinger said:

he should play on Sunday. 

It really didn’t sound like it in the press conference though. I thought Gerrard dodged addressing the Patterson issue and indicated Balogun would play for now. 

Surely he can't play on Sunday, even if we wanted him he'll have to self isolate for 10 days as a minimum after breaking the Covid bubble, won't he? 

I believe in second chances, particularly for teenagers. If he can rebuild his career at Rangers he should get that chance, but it won't be this season and he'll need to work very hard to earn the trust of the management team and the support. I suspect if someone made a bid for him or any of the others we'd accept it. It might be best for him if he goes out on loan for the first half of next season, he needs first team football and I suspect a right back just went to the top of Ross Wilson's to-do list. 

Edited by JohnMc

7 minutes ago, Bill said:

If Tavernier were to leave in the summer, would we really want to rely on Patterson to fill his boots? Is he genuinely that good and, if he is, what are we basing that judgment on?

Don’t think anyone is saying that. He has been judged good enough to be back-up. Ideally there would be a transition period where he could get a run of games so we can see how he does. He obviously hasn’t proved himself at that level yet. 

10 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I can barely remember Tav being injured.  Patterson's timing really couldn't have been any worse.

It'd be a real shame if this has a significant impact on his career (I don't want it to).

If you could teach young men one thing it would have to be that actions have consequences. However, young men seldom learn without first having to endure some of those consequences and if you indulge them too much then they tend not to learn at all. I think it would be as well if Patterson was loaned out for a spell to think about what he could be losing.

I was watching last night's game on my lap top and as half time approached, a Google icon appeared in the top right hand corner advertising the Scottish Sun's glee in Nathan Patterson's situation. Obviously, the young player was trending, because BBC Radio Scotland highlighted his absence as Tav' limped off, and talked about it during half time. I note this morning Bill Leckie has utilised his Sun column to hector, taunt, and sympathise with the right back's situation. there are choices and Nathan chose incorrectly.

Thus, approaching 50 and the wife and two sons leave the family home, lonely Bill had a choice to make. He decided to place an advert in a Lonely Hearts column. Yep, Bill told us of his love of pina coladas and getting caught in the rain; tell us or some poor unsuspecting woman whatever, in order to get his hole. I think lonely Bill chose incorrectly? Almost as much ridicule there, as admitting you are a St Boo supporter.

Thus I have decided Nathan must be rehabilitated, lonely Bill thinks his situation is ripe for condescension.

I find the comparisons being made with Gazza extraordinary. Gazza may have some stupid things but the Ibrox 5 broke the law in the middle of a pandemic, thus jeopordising their teammates and the Club. They effectively conspired among themselves to break the law and go against all the Club would have been telling players. It does not matter if you are 19 or 29, you should do as the Club tells you to do. There may well be a way back for them, but I cannot see any of them playing this season.