It's a Lemon for Neil

13 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

The super soaraway Scottish Sun's David Friel is reporting Neil Lennon will receive his jotters in the next 24 hours. If that is the case, then it's a three-in-a-row for the Lurgan Lout. Bolton, Hibs, and now ra Sellik have issued the tin-tac.

Again, according to the super soaraway, John Kennedy takes over as interim Boss.

To think, Stuart Cosgrove wanted Lennon to take over as national manager from McLeish.

Possibility that there will be a job swap between Lennon and Clarke :ninja:

3 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

no he either inherited points had no competition or got awarded his 4 titles. 

He also inherited Brendan Rodgers team/squad.  One of the best things to happen to us in the last decade was Leicester stealing Rodgers.  Would have been fascinating to see this Gerrard-led Rangers team go up against Brendan's team, though I am absolutely delighted we went up against Lennon's version instead :D

2 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

I'd only be worried about them getting Benitez; anyone else is a gamble for them.

I highly doubt they will get Benitez - he was taking a break from the game and would undoubtedly get offers in England should he be ready to return.

They are talking about Eddie Howe too - I thought he did a good job with Bournemouth but not sure he would worry me.  I guess we wait and see not only who they replace Lennon with but also what kind of transfer budget they get - they have a massive rebuild on their hands when all these loan players leave and then players who don't want to be there and players who are past it....

2 hours ago, stewarty said:

Feels like he's been given time until its more or less impossible to recover, before pulling the trigger.   I wouldn't be surprised if he's negotiated his resignation carefully to ensure he gets his contract paid up.

One has to assume he was paid up - it was a rolling 12 month contract he was on and I heard yesterday he was on 30k a week - wow !

5 minutes ago, craig said:

He also inherited Brendan Rodgers team/squad.  One of the best things to happen to us in the last decade was Leicester stealing Rodgers.  Would have been fascinating to see this Gerrard-led Rangers team go up against Brenda's team, though I am absolutely delighted we went up against Lennon's version instead :D

i think we would have been fine. Rodgers teams always collapse and collapse hard as well. 

He wears them out. 

Just now, the gunslinger said:

i think we would have been fine. Rodgers teams always collapse and collapse hard as well. 

He wears them out. 

Yes, but the difference is that Brendan is an actual manager and coach.  Lennon isn't.

There were already signs that Gerrard was catching Brendan's team with the 1-0 at Ibrox with the Jack goal.  And to be fair to Rodgers, Celtic were always going to be downsizing due to European failures and a bloated wage bill.  So I think you are right.  My point was more that it would have been a fairly close contest.  Right now, and for the last two years, have you honestly went into an OF game worried ?  Nervous, yes, but I haven't been worried because I think Gerrard & Beale are tactically far superior to Lennon - and we have a far better squad.

1 hour ago, craig said:

Possibility that there will be a job swap between Lennon and Clarke :ninja:

Well if that were to happen there will have to be a repentance on his part. Let's not forget the HUGE outpouring of angst and bitterness after his Killie side were pumped at Ibrox. He played the West of Scotland bigotry rant to the full. So glad he didn't live here, toxic atmosphere etc etc. Not forgetting his bye bye Rangers (and Celtic) jibe from the centre of the pitch when Killie secured European football on last day of season. That's some helluva heavy baggage to carry into an OF job!

For 3 milliseconds I was tempted to light a candle for him. Then I remembered what cretin he is and that his sycophants will soon enough creep out of the shadows and sing a lament or two. It also won`t be long before he will draw the 5XL Victim Card ...

.. thus, as the song goes ...

To Hell or Connacht, may you burn in Hell tonight!

Edited by der Berliner