[FT] Rangers 5 (Morelos 9; Patterson 46, Kent 55; Barisic 79pen; Itten 90+2pen) - 2 Royal Antwerp

• Frankie changed the title to Rangers v Royal Antwerp

What a time to be a Rangers fan. Another European night, in a great position to progress to the last 16 of the Europa League and the league wrapped up in February. We have to enjoy this because things can change so fast in football. 

4 hours ago, DMAA said:

What a time to be a Rangers fan. Another European night, in a great position to progress to the last 16 of the Europa League and the league wrapped up in February. We have to enjoy this because things can change so fast in football. 

Nitpicking Loyal would remark: early March.

Generally, you would hope that we navigate this evening's game and get into the next round. For the first time in decades (almost), we could breathe free of any domestic tussles and fixture pile-ups ahead of upcoming European games.

• Frankie changed the title to Rangers v Royal Antwerp (5.55pm KO - GMT)

I've just had a look and Abdoulaye Seck (suspended) has played 100 minutes more than anyone else for them this season, almost never misses a game. I thought his physicality caused us some problems last week and I think he'll be a big miss for them.

Edited by DMAA

Now that we have seen them play, I reckon the gaffer will have  a plan ready to cope with them  even better. Took us some 30odd mins to get into our stride over there. I reckon that we will go tight in defense and midfield and have some quick chaps for the "transition game". Soo ...

McGregor

Balogun - Goldson - Helander - Barisic

Davis - Kamara

Aribo - Hagi - Kent

Morelos

... essentially, the team picks itself. We might even start with Wright on the left and Kent through the middle, or put Aribo through the middle and th more combative Arfield in the rightish-AM role.

Edited by der Berliner