[FT] Rangers 5 (Morelos 9; Patterson 46, Kent 55; Barisic 79pen; Itten 90+2pen) - 2 Royal Antwerp

Just now, MacK1950 said:

Don't know if any of you noticed that at the end,Patterson was very emotional(looked to be in tears),was last off the pitch and received a wee dunt of approval/don't be silly again from Gerrard.

I noticed.  Great to see a young Rangers player being given a chance by a football legend who has made mistakes himself.

Humanity, humility and decency.  

10 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I noticed.  Great to see a young Rangers player being given a chance by a football legend who has made mistakes himself.

Humanity, humility and decency.  

And yet a lot of Rangers fans wanted to get him out the door! thankfully SG has more sense

Astonishing result over two legs. 

We may mention who we all fancy in the next round but I would say a lot of teams wont want to be drawn with us at the moment.

As for the English sides I think leicester may have had been the toughtest due to their style of play but with them being out its an advantage, I dont see Slavia Prague as being too scary in their place.

Arsenal would be their for the taking - keep Saka and Aubameyang quiet and that would be it.

Man Utd - weak defence that could be got at.

Tottenham - Weak at the back also but Kane and Son are frightening when they click.

Id like to avoid Shakhtar, Villarreal and As Roma first.

7 hours ago, ian1964 said:

And yet a lot of Rangers fans wanted to get him out the door! thankfully SG has more sense

I stated if i was manager i would have bagged the 5 of them (thankfully i'm not) but also said that i would 100% back what ever decision was made by the club.

It took me a week to get over the first bloody match and then they go and do that to us! Whatever else you say about this Rangers team they're entertaining. Kent and Morelos were outstanding and while not as effective Hagi worked so hard he too deserves a mention. It's the strangest tie to review, I mean we conceded 5 goals, that would normally deserve much scrutiny and criticism but when you score 9 in reply it can be glossed over. Of the 5 we conceded 3 were poor defensively and one was a dodgy penalty. That said while I don't think we set out to concede so many I do think the game plan was simply to overwhelm them upfront. Two very attacking line-ups was always going to leave us open. Some of our goals over the tie were things of beauty, Kent must be registering on the radars of richer clubs by now, if he wasn't already. Nathan Paterson's goal feels like vindication for the liberal hand-wringers on here like Gonzo, Bill and me... 

I'd like AC Milan next. For someone of my age they exude glamour and majesty, but whoever we get can I just say how proud I am we're in the last 16 of a European tournament for the second year in a row, Berwick, Brechin and Peterhead feel that bit further away again. 

10 hours ago, Bluedell said:

Offt. Gerrard not happy with Davie Edgar after that first question!

I think Davie is quite entitled to ask it given what happened but, I guess, the manager is quite entitled to expect something a bit more positive.