[FT] Rangers 5 (Morelos 9; Patterson 46, Kent 55; Barisic 79pen; Itten 90+2pen) - 2 Royal Antwerp

• Frankie changed the title to [HT] Rangers 1 (Morelos 9) - 1 Royal Antwerp

[HT] 1-1.

That looked pretty routine; started sharply and got an early lead. 

Then we let them in through some sloppy defending and now it seems a more dangerous game. 

We need to sort out the Right-back area, and get control of the ball. They need to come at us, so there's no need to force it or take any risks. 

No issues with that - imagine the outcry if we had scored, they'd be calling for Alfie to be hung, drawn and quarter. 

Strange half, 1st 25 mins we were amazing, goal has rattled us and they've came back into game.

Still in a good position, let's go again in 2nd half 

We should have been out of side, had we taken our chances more cleanly. Their goal (Aribo ? ) threw a spanner into our machine and we need to take care of Lukaku (who should have been booked for the tackle on Hagi) too. I would assume we will get more chances on the break, but need to stay full alert on the back.

7 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Very strange because it was definitely played forward. We’ll see at half time I suppose, commentators were sure he was on so must be missing something. 

Looked like the ball was played back, not forward.  At least to me anyway :)

An excellent first 30mins but a poor 5-10mins after that has made the game more dangerous than it should be as we wasted some good positions in that opening period.

We're leaving Balogun far too open on the right so Hagi or someone else needs to make sure they drop in to cover now and again.

They will have a go in the second half so we need to keep our shape and counter effectively.  I do wonder if Patterson might come on sooner rather than later with Balogun on a yellow.

1 minute ago, Frankie said:

An excellent first 30mins but a poor 5-10mins after that has made the game more dangerous than it should be as we wasted some good positions in that opening period.

We're leaving Balogun far too open on the right so Hagi or someone else needs to make sure they drop in to cover now and again.

They will have a go in the second half so we need to keep our shape and counter effectively.  I do wonder if Patterson might come on sooner rather than later with Balogun on a yellow.

Was about to say I would be swapping Kent to that side as his pace and mobility would offer more defensive assistance to Balogun - would also squeeze the space in which Lukaku has to work.

We don't need goals so we could legitimately put Kent that side to snuff out by far the biggest threat they have - put Hagi left or put Aribo left and bring Arfield on for Hagi