[FT] Livingston 0 - 1 Rangers (Morelos 87)

23 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Agreed. There's a really good article in The Athletic on some of the work that was done, although it's behind a paywall.

I think we were a bit to one dimensional at times last season. Meaning we got picked off far to often. 

We really mix it up now and that has really taken us up a level. 

3 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

I think we were a bit to one dimensional at times last season. Meaning we got picked off far to often. 

We really mix it up now and that has really taken us up a level. 

Plus we have more options on the bench this season. I think that’s been a big factor too

I think one of the biggest differences this season, has been the improvement in Goldson (and Tav to an extent) in both defending and concentration. Last couple of years, I always felt there was a mistake coming, or they would be easy beat at the crucial moment. Think back to some of the goals we conceded in Europe last season, and important goals domestically too. Down that right side of our defence where they two operated without exception, was where to get at us from an opponent's viewpoint. They have worked really hard along with our coaches to eliminate those errors for this season and they have become two of our most consistent and reliable performers.

Last season I thought Goldson was our 4th best centre back, and while he was clearly the leader of the back line, that didnt make up for the regular errors. 

This season he is hands down our best centre back. He deserves all the credit for that, and I take my hat off to him for the countless hours of work that must have went into his game.