The new Labour leader's father Ghulam Mohammed arrived in Lossiemouth from Pakistan with a suitcase of things to sell round the doors. Having nowhere to stay he was taken in by a local woman in the Seatown area of Lossie and lived with her family for quite a while before his own family eventually joined him from Pakistan. They opened a corner shop on Clifton Road and the family became an important part of the community. When Ghulam died a while back it was the biggest funeral seen in Lossie in many years. My wife went to school with Anas Sarwar's mother Perveen and I have it on good authority the family became staunch bluenoses.

I don't know how they ended up in Glasgow.

I struggle to vote with a clear conscience these days but if I do, it'll be the party with the best chance of beating the Scottish nationalists (Lib Dem in my constituency).

The UK and Scottish Labour party are continuing to wither away, without much of a fight.

8 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I struggle to vote with a clear conscience these days but if I do, it'll be the party with the best chance of beating the Scottish nationalists (Lib Dem in my constituency).

The UK and Scottish Labour party are continuing to wither away, without much of a fight.

George Galloway has created Alliance4Unity which basically guides people on tactical voting

19 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Didn't his dad represent Govan at one time? Probably impertinent of me to comment on Scottish politics as I don't live in Scotland now, but maybe there is a genuine voting alternative now for those who detest the SNP. Sarwar is a committed unionist.

I know how you feel ASIL.  I do still have my house and a small investment property in Scotland though, so feel it can be justified when you have "skin in the game".  That said, just because you don't live in Scotland doesn't mean you don't care about it and its future.  Everyone is entitled to an opinion :)

4 hours ago, craig said:

I know how you feel ASIL.  I do still have my house and a small investment property in Scotland though, so feel it can be justified when you have "skin in the game".  That said, just because you don't live in Scotland doesn't mean you don't care about it and its future.  Everyone is entitled to an opinion :)

Here here, in same boat, though for me i left when i was 7 lol

6 hours ago, compo said:

Think this is the same man who was convicted on a VAT fraud charge then won an appeal by playing the old fifty third card in the pack , the old race card .

His Wiki page says he is a supporter of Rangers and Celtic. Clearly a complete fraud right enough.