• Filip Helander
    • Borna Barisic
    • Scott Arfield
    • Steven Davis
    • Glen Kamara
    • Joe Aribo
    • Ryan Kent
    • Alfredo Morelos

Ok folks, seems this has been forgotten over the last couple of days, apologies!

For me this was another decent team performance: took us 30mins or so to get going but we then dominated the rest of the game and only bad refereeing/finishing stopped us being more comfortable.

Main three players for me were Goldson who seemed to win every header he went for, Kamara who is a dangerous player when he gets into the box and Morelos who caused them real problems in the second half.

Morelos gets it for not allowing his head to go down and sealing the win!

No stand-outs in what was a pretty drab performance where we had to gut it out and our sheer desire and determination got us over the line. In such a scrappy game I would normally go for the goalscorer as being the one who made the difference, but while Morelos overall game the other night was very good, I thought his finishing was very poor, so I am going elsewhere for a change. Our defence were not troubled much if at all and they all were comfortable, so I am looking further upfield and it was the constant desire of Aribo, Davis & Kamara that stood out for me with not much between them. But for that lovely drop of the shoulder that got him past his man and effectively set up the goal, I go for Kamara this time, although I can't disagree with Morelos, Davis, Aribo and can see why some are drawn to Goldson as well.

Nice to see that right through the spine of the team we had MOTM candidates in what was a really scrappy game due to the conditions, refereeing, and opponent.

Goldson for me, would have been Helander but for that poor pass in the first half that gifted them a chance. Goldson is so good we don't even notice anymore, we take it for granted. If we lose him for a few matches then we'll all see just what he brings to the team. 

Always good to have strong competition for MotM, especially away at Livingstone where we often don't have many worthy candidates.

I only saw the second half in full. Great to see Morelos get on the score-sheet again and keep up his run but due to the missed chances I will go Kamara who is just such a huge player for us these days. He has always been technically brilliant but he has added so much to his game, his running is incredible and he takes it on himself to change games, and I primarily credit him with creating the goal in the end. I think his overall impact on the game is underrated because he is everywhere on the pitch, I would love to see his ground covered numbers.

I thought Aribo was very effective too and played a big part in providing creativity to our play on a rubbish pitch which, without flair players, we have often looked very pedestrian on in the past (include Rugby Park in that).