Rangers appeal Patterson, Bassey, Zungu et al bans

1 hour ago, 26th of foot said:

Sky Sports have just shown a clip of Ian Maxwell saying, "the SFA will be taking no action on Celtic's trip to Dubai".

I am concerned about the SFA's Mrs Mopps, how can they vacuum the carpets when they are so bumpy?

More worrying is when they open the broom cupboard and find all the XXL tins of worms

Here we go. 

Rangers' players to face triple indemnity.

Notice of Complaint | Calvin Bassey, Brian Kinnear, Dapo Mebude, Nathan Patterson, Bongani Zungu (Rangers FC)

Tuesday 9 March 2021
Alleged Parties in Breach: Calvin Bassey, Brian Kinnear, Dapo Mebude, Nathan Patterson, Bongani Zungu (Rangers FC)

Date: 13/14 February 2021

Disciplinary Rules allegedly breached:

Disciplinary Rule 24 -
 A recognised football body, club, official, Team Official or other member of Team Staff, player, match official or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall be subject to and shall comply with the Articles, the Laws of the Game and the rules, procedures and regulations, bye-laws and Decisions of the Scottish FA.

Disciplinary Rule 77 - A recognised football body, club, official, Team Official, other member of Team Staff, player, match official or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall, at all times, act in the best interests of Association Football. Furthermore such person or body shall not act in any manner which is improper or use any one, or a combination of, violent Conduct, serious foul play, threatening, abusive, indecent or insulting words or behaviour.

Principal hearing date: Thursday, 25 March 2021

On 05/03/2021 at 16:39, the gunslinger said:

They can't ever ban anyone again after doing nothing about Dubai. 

They shouldn't be able to, I would agree. However,  I'm afraid I have to disagee with you here as they both can and almost certainly will.  The immorality and injustice of it all doesn't enter into their thoughts, while "get Rangers and put them down" never leaves them.

Edited by SteveC

Time for the club to laundry list Celtic breaches.  They have plenty.

The club should take aim at the SFA on this one for sure.  The time to call out unfair, unbalanced treatment is from a position of strength, which is what we currently have in that we are already Champions and challenging these injustices don't impact on-field results.

To be honest, I think our 5 SHOULD be banned.  They deserve it for breaking covid rules.  However, the injustice is that not one Celtic player is seeing a ban - At the very least Duffy broke their covid bubble on his way back to Scotland by flying commercial.  And that is before any of the clear breaches from Dubai are considered.

31 minutes ago, craig said:

Time for the club to laundry list Celtic breaches.  They have plenty.

The club should take aim at the SFA on this one for sure.  The time to call out unfair, unbalanced treatment is from a position of strength, which is what we currently have in that we are already Champions and challenging these injustices don't impact on-field results.

To be honest, I think our 5 SHOULD be banned.  They deserve it for breaking covid rules.  However, the injustice is that not one Celtic player is seeing a ban - At the very least Duffy broke their covid bubble on his way back to Scotland by flying commercial.  And that is before any of the clear breaches from Dubai are considered.

if the players in dubai at the pool/sauna and at the pub had all been banned there would be no issue banning our players. none at all. Indeed it would be in line with previous and quite deserved. 

However to let celtc players of with worse offenses that brought covid into Scottish football and charge our young lads is plainly unacceptable. 

As long as any bans are only for games this season and are only for league matches. The problem we have is Rangers and the players have publicly admitted to the breaches and the players have been punished by the club. No Celtic player was punished and their club said nothing officially. I think a player or one of the management team spoke about 'minor breaches' but nothing official came from the club. I suspect that's the loophole being used here. You wonder if our honesty will come back and bite us or mitigate against further punishment. 

On 09/03/2021 at 17:51, the gunslinger said:

how can they possibly justify this after doing nothing abut Dubai. 

We better get a good lawyer and take this all this to CAS or court of session if needed. 

Yes. What's Donald Findlay up to these days?

Edited by alexscottislegend