Rangers appeal Patterson, Bassey, Zungu et al bans

I assume there is an appeal process with this? Six games feels excessive, even if two are suspended. I assumed a 3 match ban in keeping with Bolingoli at Celtic. Maybe as it's the club's second public breach there's some kind of sliding scale. Of course a fair percentage of our support wanted them thrown out of the club when it happened so maybe some don't feel it's harsh enough. 

Potentially damaging bans for the club with 2 Scottish Cup rounds falling during it. If we beat Cove Rangers we could get a much stiffer match in the next round and really miss a natural right back and cover at left back. That said perhaps Tav will be back by then. 

2 hours ago, JohnMc said:

I assume there is an appeal process with this? Six games feels excessive, even if two are suspended. I assumed a 3 match ban in keeping with Bolingoli at Celtic. Maybe as it's the club's second public breach there's some kind of sliding scale. Of course a fair percentage of our support wanted them thrown out of the club when it happened so maybe some don't feel it's harsh enough. 

Potentially damaging bans for the club with 2 Scottish Cup rounds falling during it. If we beat Cove Rangers we could get a much stiffer match in the next round and really miss a natural right back and cover at left back. That said perhaps Tav will be back by then. 

if it was a sliding scale surely the second offense would be worse than first. 

It's just making it up as they go along 

44 minutes ago, onevision said:

The 2 match suspended matches put in place to deter an appeal.

Think it has already been contested with the length of time it took to announce and that the original ban might have been six games but now as is.

44 minutes ago, onevision said:

Imagine a gang of 50+ of Celtic going to Dubai, behave against all sorts of protocols out there, with one player leaving the bubble and did not quarantine afterwards, one player contracting Covid-19 and 10 have to self isolate ... and all Mr. SFA-chairman Maxwell has to say is that: "the Scottish Government allowed the trip an hence we won't investigate". Did the government allow them to break protocols or denied the SFA any charging of Covid-breaks? Neither is the case and it should be taken to the SFA's doorstep by us as well as the player's union. But we will probably accept our bans (because the players did breach the protocol) and say that what other clubs do is not our business ... ?

17 hours ago, JohnMc said:

I assume there is an appeal process with this? Six games feels excessive, even if two are suspended. I assumed a 3 match ban in keeping with Bolingoli at Celtic. 

I think that there were new stricter rules introduced after Bolingoli.