Rangers appeal Patterson, Bassey, Zungu et al bans

Each situation is different.

The Dubai trip seems more like the club was at fault than the players.  They were given permission to go and the lockdown rules were different at the time.

I'm not sure what all the fuss is about.  Everyone knew there'd be repurcussions for misdemeanous.

6 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

The Dubai trip seems more like the club was at fault than the players.  They were given permission to go and the lockdown rules were different at the time.

I'm not sure what all the fuss is about.  Everyone knew there'd be repercussions for misdemeanors.

their players broke the rules in Dubai. Plain and simple. 

I could understand your view if the club had been punished but nothing was done. 

our players do similar and it is huge bans all round. Indeed our players offenses were lesser and didn't lead to an outbreak. 

anyway it is done now. at least until they do it to us again. 

Edited by the gunslinger

Not only did they break various protocols, but they actually also returned with one chap having contracted Covid-19 and nearly a dozen more went into quarantine. 

Did e.g. anyone ask who the couple to the right of Brown were, siting within arm`s length?

boozy-celtic-dubai-768x402.jpg

Article recounting the trip.

Edited by der Berliner

On 31/03/2021 at 11:48, Gonzo79 said:

I'm not sure what all the fuss is about.  Everyone knew there'd be repurcussions for misdemeanous.

Vine Ok GIF

1 hour ago, onevision said:

Yes but sometime just sometime whataboutery is the correct path.

Was the term "Whataboutery" coined by Spiers? Whoever it was, I hate the word. It's most oftern used by arseholes to gaslight anyone making a counterargument to their bullshit by citing precedent.

1 minute ago, Thinker said:

Was the term "Whataboutery" coined by Spiers? Whoever it was, I hate the word. It's most oftern used by arseholes to gaslight anyone making a counterargument to their bullshit by citing precedent.

'Whataboutery' has an interesting derivation.

It's another example of the Ulsterisation of the mood music of Scottish life. It used to be said, you cannot debate using your opponent's language, if you expect to win. 

Go back in excess of two decades and one of the first websites to gain prominence was, 'Slugger O'Toole'. It was a site for discussion around Irish politics. Of course, the Troubles in Northern Ireland featured heavily. Threads were guillotined to stop the habitual, "ah but you did this" continuum. If you could not bring something new to the discussion, it was called a 'whataboutery' foul. Supposedly, remembering or reminding of IRA atrocities did not advance the discussion to satisfactory conclusion.

The usual suspects brought it into Scots journalism, Kevin McKenna, Spiers, Spence, ...... etc. Stuart Cosgrove was it's first and most frequent user; even presently, he will label something he does not want to discuss, as whataboutery.