What a journey

Was in the Brechin end that day as couldn't get a Rangers end ticket. As said above that game, plus the league opener at home to The Shire will live with me for a long, long time

Ally McCoist to Mark Warburton to Pedro (might skip that one) to Super Stevie.

Kenny McDowall, Stuart McCall and Graeme Murty all playing roles in temporary charge.

Im going to go back and have a look at some of our match day squads in the last ten years, Im sure there be plenty of unsung hero's who played in the lower divisions.

Edited by Gribz

13 hours ago, Bill said:

I find myself reflecting on all those in the Rangers family who didn't make it to the end of this journey. The many fans and ex-players who passed away during these ten years who can't share this achievement with us. Some were prominent names, others who were extraordinary only to their own families. I hope every one of them is raising a glass wherever they are tonight.

It's also remarkable how many ex-players have echoed our delight over the last few hours, some of whom haven't pulled on a Rangers shirt in many decades. I find that quite touching.

Had that thought too, and find some solace in the song below ...

Have you seen the Glasgow Rangers

Have you seen the Glasgow Rangers,
Have you seen the boys in blue?
They're admired by all who know them,
If you knew them so would you.
Oh they have played way in Monaco,
They have played in the USA,
But the greatest game in history,
Is the game on New Year’s day.

For it's the home of famous heroes,
And their praises have been sung,
Willie Waddell, Torry Gillick,
Alan Morton, and George Young.
And when all my life has ended,
And when death has made it's mark,
Will you scatter all my ashes,
On the slopes of Ibrox Park.

And with the angels I'll be singing,
Up in heaven there up above,
I'll be singing Follow Follow.
To the Rangers that I love.
And with my flute I will be playing,
In the valleys and the glens,
I'll be happy and contented,
When the Rangers win again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7Ce714tvWU

14 hours ago, Bill said:

I find myself reflecting on all those in the Rangers family who didn't make it to the end of this journey. The many fans and ex-players who passed away during these ten years who can't share this achievement with us. Some were prominent names, others who were extraordinary only to their own families. I hope every one of them is raising a glass wherever they are tonight.

It's also remarkable how many ex-players have echoed our delight over the last few hours, some of whom haven't pulled on a Rangers shirt in many decades. I find that quite touching.

Indeed so, my dad is never from my thoughts but currently he is slap-bang in the forefront. He left us when we were at the bottom. I promised him we'd be back, in amongst my other final farewells.  It is doubtful he knew anything of what I was saying, but I hope so - especially now the relief of not having falsely promised is a reality.