[FT] Slavia Prague 1 - 1 (Helander 36)

Chuffed with the result after a poor start.  Patterson was exposed in the first half and wasn't getting much protection from those in front of him and we were guilty of giving the ball away.  That improved with the substitution and we looked a lot more comfortable with Arfield on the park and Aribo further forward.  Patterson really came on to a game in the second half.  What can we say about the keeper?  One of the best saves you are ever likely to see.  I think we definitely have a chance to go through to the last 8 but will need to be at our best.

Happy with the result. They're a very capable side but we've seen enough to know we can take them at home providing we play to our capabilities. 

Thought Hellander was outstanding, Patterson is growing with each game, Kamara put in some shift and Mcgregor - one of the best saves I've ever seen. 

2 hours ago, Frankie said:

Very happy with a draw there as, despite some decent play in the second half, we didn't play very well in possession and seemed to lack shape at times: mainly down to all our midfield three struggling for long periods: though Aribo improved when moved further forward.

They're a good team but I think we showed them too much respect for too long and it wasn't until we showed a bit more intent ourselves that we started to carry a proper threat.

That away goal could be crucial but I've no doubt we'll need to score at least once next Thursday in any case.

If you are in no doubt we'll need to score at least once next Thursday, then we need to score at least 2. 

However, I will accept the 0 0 that would see us not scoring but getting through ?

Happy with the result,was thinking early game Hagi was not strong enough but glad he stayed on to give goal assist.Like all on here was in awe of save by McGregor,indeed I swore as the header was directed at goal than amazed to see Greegs had saved it.

Someone asked about crowd,they were from the front-line of Covid fight similar to our NHS.

Mission Impossible save. Not just how he got to it but he managed to hold onto it like velcro. That possibly just pipped McGregor as POTY for me. 

I thought 0-0 before the game but said 1-1 would be great and Im taking that. We have the weekend off and a full week to prepare for the 2nd leg.

Aside - Both Ukrainian teams got a good defeat for co-effiecent.

11 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

Dino Zoff was 42 when he retired from playing, McGregor could match that achievement.

DZ was 40 when he won the World Cup, with Italy. (He was captain, i I r c.)

AMcG is only 39, so maybe we will have to wait until next year for Euro glory. (I'd take it this year, and spoil the symmetry, right enough.)

A night later, I am still rather unimpressed by Slavia. Enough antics to make a Spanish team proud and and for a team running away with the Czech league, less potent in attack then Willem II or Antwerp. Just my humble opinion. Once we started to play our game, we looked comfortable enough - given the low key perfomance levels of quite a few of our players.

Still not that impressed by our substitutions, Arfield was okay, yet Wright should have been on to keep them occupied in their half, why Aribo was hooked for Roofe I don`t know, as he just got into his normal stride while Kent was "too sussed out" by Slavia.

Let`s hope everyone is back to full duty come next Thursday.