[FT] Slavia Prague 1 - 1 (Helander 36)

Certainly looked a decent side and their results in Europe this season have been impressive. Are they really going to be any better than the sides we have already beaten? Are they better than Galatasary, Benfica, Liege, Antwerp? I dont think so, so it will come down to who has the best game plan, who takes their chances, who gets a bit of luck.

But the biggest challenge we face for the first leg is the weekend of partying and the relief to get over the line and win our title back. The scenes from within the club over the last couple of days, with the booze flowing and the release of the built-up nerves and tension, was clear to see.

As well as our management team have done this season, this will be a herculean challenge to get the players back to their full focus and to park the celebrations now until trophy presentation day. There is still so much to play for, an unbeaten league season, a perfect home league record, European prestige (and money and coefficient points) and the Scottish Cup that we have to really focus on. On our best form we could still lose this two-legged tie if the luck doesnt go our way, but turn up without the proper focus and we could be in for a very tough night. I would love us to keep ourselves in the tie after the away leg but I fear the 55 party could cost us.

Hugely difficult game and yes the biggest test of the season so far. 

we really are excellent in europe and only Leverkusen and spartak moscow have achieved scorelines that would have put us out over 2 legs since gerrard arrived. 

We re also getting progressively better. 

• Frankie changed the title to Slavia Prague v Rangers

Red Star Belgrade, Sporting Lisbon, Slavia Prague and we ... are the only teams so far unbeaten in their league fixtures this season.

Czech teams can be rather difficult when they are up for it. That said, if we are up to it, we can be a handful or two for anyone.

Edited by der Berliner

Hopefully everyone at Rangers will have got the league title celebrations out of their heads and are now fully focussed on the next two games. There's still an awful lot to achieve this season.

While we didn`t have that great a run in the domestic cups, since Stevie joined up we have played 43 games in Europe, winning 24, drawing 14 and losing but 5 (2 vs Bayer, one against Young Boys and Rapid plus one away against Spartak, though that was unlucky IIRC). Some feat by any means.

2 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Certainly looked a decent side and their results in Europe this season have been impressive. Are they really going to be any better than the sides we have already beaten? Are they better than Galatasary, Benfica, Liege, Antwerp? I dont think so, so it will come down to who has the best game plan, who takes their chances, who gets a bit of luck.

I think that they could well be better than these clubs. Unbeaten in their domestic league, and knocking out Leicester suggests to me that they are. However I agree with the latter part of what you say.