Wee Nippy cant get any worse. A total deflection from her own antics. Hasnt she been pictured being maskless a few times recently?

There were gatherings up and down the UK for 55, has there been any mention about this? How can the club possibly control the gathering in Belfast for example? Talksport mentioned there was Gers and Union Flags at the Dartford Tunnel area.

1 hour ago, ranger_syntax said:

Sturgeon and Harvie talking nonsense and aiming it to their base only.

What kind of a Rangers fan would vote for either party?

Sadly young man there are plenty of stupid fans out there who will vote for them 

In an article in today's Times, the opening paragraph states:

"The clock is ticking for the football authorities and the Old Firm to deliver a robust plan on how to discourage potential public gatherings before the upcoming Glasgow derby at Celtic Park."

Now correct me if I err, but, from Douglas Park's letter to Mrs Ceausescu, herself, I took it that the Club had endeavoured to engage with all the relevant players prior to the potential 'Championship Weekend' to formulate just such a plan, and had made little, or no, headway.

According to The Times (upon whose accuracy we may no longer fully depend, right enough) the matter of public (dis)order is now clearly defined as  one with which Clubs, themselves, must deal, with a little help from the football authorities. 

Further on, in the piece, the head of PlodFed brays,

"If the game does go ahead, we would expect there to be assurances from both clubs that there will be no repeat of the fan behaviours seen in the last few weeks”

I assume that this official  hand washing is based on the government, and police, strategy over last  (Championship) Weekend, which all can agree, went well, particularly as far as public order and fan behaviour was concerned. 

It would seem that the government, and the police, believe that Mr Steven Gerrard should have posed as King Canute (more properly, Cnut, but that is open malign anagrammatisation), endeavoured to stem the tides of joyful celebrants, and brought peace, love, and understanding, here, there, and everywhere. 

We look upon a quite staggering abdication of responsibility. Really, should we not expect the government, and the police, to be in charge of the formulation of  any robust, or other, plan, and of its implementation? 

We should expect,of course, that the clubs participate and cooperate, and should anticipate that they do. 

Incompetent, mendacious, and, ultimately, it would seem, completely reckless. I think that it covers it. 

First minister Nicola Sturgeon keeping up the pressure

‘Huge question marks’ over Old Firm fixture

Ben Palmer

Thursday March 11 2021, 12.01am, The Times

Nicola Sturgeon

Sturgeon reiterated that celebrations by thousands of Rangers fans last weekend had caused concern within the government

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/first-minister-nicola-sturgeon-keeping-up-the-pressure-hqdbt6cqs

The clock is ticking for the football authorities and the Old Firm to deliver a robust plan on how to discourage potential public gatherings before the upcoming Glasgow derby at Celtic Park.

First minister Nicola Sturgeon yesterday reiterated that celebrations by thousands of Rangers fans who broke lockdown rules last weekend had caused concern within the government and it is now understood that Police Scotland harbour reservations about the fixture on Sunday, March 21.

It is reported that some front-line officers present at George Square and Ibrox are self-isolating as a precaution after fans took to the streets to celebrate Rangers winning the league title.

The Scottish Professional Football League hopes that the match will go ahead as planned, but there is pressure on Celtic and Rangers to warn fans of the dangers of coming together for the match.

The first minister was yesterday questioned about when supporters would return to stadiums, but she moved to urge caution. “It is maybe a sensitive subject to be asking me about right now,” she said at a Covid-19 committee meeting. “I hope soon. I hope that before too long in some competition fans will be able to be in Somerset Park to watch Ayr United beat Killie.

“We can’t put a date on it right now. What I do know is that we have tried to get sport going again after last year’s lockdown, albeit behind closed doors, in order to give football fans the ability to watch their team even if they can’t be there in person.

“My dad is an Ayr United supporter. He’d love to be on the terraces at Somerset Park but being able to log on and watch Ayr United has been something he’s enjoyed at a time when people can’t do many of the things we enjoy.

“That is why we have tried to keep sport going. Obviously what happened at the weekend puts huge question marks in peoples’ minds over whether that was the right thing to do or not and creates lots of anger on the part of many people.

“We want to get sport back to normal as quickly as possible but one of the things that Covid loves most are crowds of people coming together. Unfortunately that’s the description of spectators at a football or rugby match so we need to do it carefully and cautiously.

“We might need to do it on a phased basis. The figures are going in the right direction just now and if the vaccine keeps going as it is going now we can be really hopeful that all of these things are not too far in the future.”

David Hamilton, chair of the Scottish Police Federation, believes that officers could be at risk should the game go ahead without measures being in place. “If the game does go ahead, we would expect there to be assurances from both clubs that there will be no repeat of the fan behaviours seen in the last few weeks,” he said. “Old Firm football matches are some of the most difficult and hostile policing environments and the risk to our members has increased hugely as a consequence of the pandemic.”

Richard Gough, the former Rangers defender, has made a public appeal to supporters to stay at home. “I’m sure our club will be telling our supporters: ‘Stay indoors, there’s no use going down to Celtic Park’,” he told Sky Sports News. “I would implore the fans to do that as well and I’m sure Celtic will do the same.”

“We need the games to go ahead, we don’t want games getting postponed now. Hopefully, the supporters listen to what both clubs say.”

Nicola Sturgeon

Edited by Uilleam

If there is a big question mark, I hope no one is looking for Sturgeon to provide any answers.  

I don't know.

I don't recall.

I'm not sure.

The Police are probably too busy investigating thoughtcrimes to do any physical Police work.

Edited by Gonzo79