and the season will go on regardless of it causing covid breeches?

I am not saying any of this is likely. However it is possible if we continue down this path. That's leaving aside the moral side of this where we have some people just ignoring the rules and putting lives at risk while others can't get married, can't visit loved ones and can't go to their funerals. 

we can perhaps forgive last weekends actions but any continuation or escalation would be very wrong and could have all sorts of ramifications. 

Edited by the gunslinger

Just now, the gunslinger said:

and the season will go on regardless of it causing covid breeches?

Why would it be stopped?

There won't be mass celebrations again this season (certainly not until any trophy presentation that may well be done at short notice and in private).  I don't doubt a few misguided folk will fancy turning up at Sharkhead next Sunday and/or at Ibrox when we play them too but not thousands.

Moreover the First Minister has consistently said she won't punish a whole sport for the actions of a minority - be it players or fans.

5 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Why would it be stopped?

There won't be mass celebrations again this season (certainly not until any trophy presentation that may well be done at short notice and in private).  I don't doubt a few misguided folk will fancy turning up at Sharkhead next Sunday and/or at Ibrox when we play them too but not thousands.

Moreover the First Minister has consistently said she won't punish a whole sport for the actions of a minority - be it players or fans.

i certainly hope you are right. 

SNP have bigger fish to fry at the moment. Internal fighting over Alex Salmond and the Hate Bill. Polls showing them losing support in run up to Scottish elections, and more importantly for them as a single policy party, support for independence dropping below 50%.

They are surviving votes of no confidence solely due to The Green Party supporting them. 

Last Saturday and Sunday was a welcome distraction for them and they'll bleed it dry but won't do anything that'll refocus on their shortcomings (which there are many). 

Expect much more gestering, threats, messages and condemnation. 

However, what they have done is bring into focus mass gatherings. In 2 weeks time if there is no major spike in Covid cases in Glasgow, people are going to quite rightly asked why we are still locked down. 

Their leadership are floundering.  I reckon they'll try and suggest that they're even handed by threatening to postpone a match that affects both halves of the Old Firm.  I doubt anyone will be persuaded though.  It surely just serves to infuriate their own supporters as well as those less inclined to their persuasion, whose votes they are presumably keen to win.