[FT] Rangers 0 - 2 Slavia Prague

3 minutes ago, DMAA said:

No, the ball was gone, keeper would have gathered without issue if Roofe hadn't jumped at full pace with his studs up 6 foot off the ground. Very reckless from Roofe but it can happen in a moment of frustration, he went for a ball he had no right to go for. It was as clear a red card as we'll ever see.

Absolutely not, IMHO.

4 minutes ago, DMAA said:

No, the ball was gone, keeper would have gathered without issue if Roofe hadn't jumped at full pace with his studs up 6 foot off the ground. Very reckless from Roofe but it can happen in a moment of frustration, he went for a ball he had no right to go for. It was as clear a red card as we'll ever see.

Again IMO he has every right to go for that ball, he could have scored if the keeper never got there or stayed back. These things happen quickly in games and once your mind is made up if you pull out then you can get injured. It was unfortunate what happened but he had every right to go for it.

14 hours ago, johnnyk said:

Again IMO he has every right to go for that ball, he could have scored if the keeper never got there or stayed back. These things happen quickly in games and once your mind is made up if you pull out then you can get injured. It was unfortunate what happened but he had every right to go for it.

He didn't have every right to go for the ball, there was a goalkeepers face in the way! It's just like a defender doesn't have every right to go for the ball if they are behind the opposition player. It's endangering an opponent.

12 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

you are at it as ever. Frankly you spend a lot of time on a team you come across as hating. 

He got to the ball well before the keeper. if that had been 2 foot lower it's a pen and a red card for the keeper. 

he has no idea where the keeper is and the keeper is really brave to go in there and win the game in that moment. 

Not really, I just don’t defend what is indefensible. If I back Roofe there then the way I see it is I have no right to condemn any opposition player for the same. It was awful, regardless of intention or not. I don’t see how anyone can say he has the right to go for that, studs up, head height and jumping. As for your other comment, I think you just read what you want to.

Edited by PoohBear

1 hour ago, the gunslinger said:

you are at it as ever. Frankly you spend a lot of time on a team you come across as hating

I don’t think so, gs. Red card because of recklessness rather than evil intent. Should Roofe have gone for it?  I can’t make up my mind. @PoohBear and @johnnykhave different opinions. Either could be right.

16 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

I don’t think so, gs. Red card because of recklessness rather than evil intent. Should Roofe have gone for it?  I can’t make up my mind. @PoohBear and @johnnykhave different opinions. Either could be right.

oh it's a red. But there is zero intent and we should recognise that.