[FT] Rangers 0 - 2 Slavia Prague

2 hours ago, MacK1950 said:

Think one of the politicians has commented,but have seen nothing from the corrupted organisations i.e. SFA/SPFL.

Hamza Usef has condemned it already. Has he asked the police to investigate though? Have we for that matter?

The SFA should be all over this and the SPFA

2 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Hindsight is 20/20.

Putting your boot up at head height is only a bad thing with hindsight? The fact that it hit someone in the head is so unexpected that it's only with hindsight that people would think there's a chance it could injure someone? 

Their keeper is lucky it wasn't more serious, and if it had happened to one of our players, we'd be going off our heads. 

27 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Putting your boot up at head height is only a bad thing with hindsight? The fact that it hit someone in the head is so unexpected that it's only with hindsight that people would think there's a chance it could injure someone? 

Their keeper is lucky it wasn't more serious, and if it had happened to one of our players, we'd be going off our heads. 

Are you suggesting he shouldn't have challenged for a 50/50? 

We can agree to disagree. 

It's a red card, but I still think he should be going for it.  

59 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

having your foot at head height is allowed. 

41 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Are you suggesting he shouldn't have challenged for a 50/50? 

It wasn’t a 50/50, not even close. The keeper was just about to gather it with ease at his head height, there’s nothing the striker can do about that, the long ball just hasn’t worked. It happens all the time and I’ve never once seen a striker challenge for a ball like that before. It’s understandable people want to defend a Rangers player, and none of us think he had any intent, but I find it incredible so many think “he had every right to go for it” or it was a 50/50. 

2 hours ago, DMAA said:

It wasn’t a 50/50, not even close. The keeper was just about to gather it with ease at his head height, there’s nothing the striker can do about that, the long ball just hasn’t worked. It happens all the time and I’ve never once seen a striker challenge for a ball like that before. It’s understandable people want to defend a Rangers player, and none of us think he had any intent, but I find it incredible so many think “he had every right to go for it” or it was a 50/50. 

roofe got to the ball a meter in front of the keeper. It certainly was no where near a 50/50 

100/0

Edited by the gunslinger

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

it wasn't even a 50/50 you are right as he got the ball first, he had every right to go for it, you disagree fine but that doesn't mean you are right.