[FT] Rangers 0 - 2 Slavia Prague

2 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Agree, but Aberdeen are on another level. On the Hibs forum there was none of what I quoted from the Aberdeen forum. Aberdeen fans seem to crave relevance by maximising the supposed rivalry with us. Their sevco thread is by far their most active thread. 

I agree about that lot. Even on social media there's frequent posts about Ricksen, Durrant, the Ibrox disaster etc. They really seem a hateful bunch with an inferiority complex.

2 hours ago, Frankie said:

Roofe made a mistake going with his foot instead of his head - it was a misjudgement at full pelt and he had no idea of the 'keeper's position.

It was an accident, a red card, but still an accident.

Nothing crazy or stupid about it.

PS: I hope the goalkeeper is OK as that was a horror wound.

IMO it is a bit crazy and stupid, the injuries to their keeper show why these rules need to be considered by players. It wasn't intentional, but it wasn't intentional in the same way a speeding driver doesn't aim to run someone over. Every rangers fan was up in arms when Power did the same. Anyway, it's open and closed case so not much to discuss, but it was certainly naive.

It's all about opinions, as a striker he should go for the ball in the box as he could've lobbed it over the outcoming keeper if he got there before, I would be having a go at him for not going for it but that's just my opinion. It wasn't stupid just a misjudgement.

11 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

Totally, unthinkingly, reckless from Roofe. 

Roofe’s dreadful challenge on Kolar brought him a straight red card

Agree but the thing is he actually made contact with the ball first before both players momentum caused the contact.Still a red card for dangerously high foot.

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

Slavia should receive a separate punishment from UEFA for their disgraceful handling of this whole episode. Knowing UEFA they are more likely to give us a fine for starting the second half 10 seconds late.

In 1972 we were banned for two years by Eufa for events beyond our control. Slavia have total responsibility for the conduct of their players and they must be urged to take action against Kudeli. BTW I'm not suggesting Slavia be banned and us advancing in the competition; we were fairly beaten.

Wee remark on Roofe`s red card. The pics I`ve seen seem to show that Roofe went in there kung-fu style. The pics we saw of Kent boxing Brown on the chin were equally deceptive, since Kent never touched Brown. Here, as you can see in the moving picture (2.30 onwards), Roofe attempts to get the long ball from Goldson down and only watches the ball right to the last moment. Likewise, the goalie seemingly doesn`t know whether to stick or twist and ends up in a heap. Roofe went in there, hit the player and as such, a red card is a valid option for the ref. Had the goalie stood back, no-one would argue at Roofe`s attempt of getting the ball down with his foot. Just saying.

Generally, once I saw the line-up yesterday, my gut feeling told me that this wasn`t going to be our night. I was away at work, but going from last weeks game, keeping up (again) with Plan A was not getting us anywhere with this lot. They have quality and know how to play the game, unsportingly or not. This should have been a night to hit them at their only weakness, their defence. We decided to remove the threat of Hagi`s quick passing skills and creativity, and likewise hoping that Aribo would provide those goods. Whiel Arfield, who has been at best a good impact player for these last few months, was meant to ... well, fill the gap between the striker and the midfield? I don`t know. If it was me, I`d thrown on Kent, Hagi and Wright (whom no European opponent have yet seen) in behind Morelos, or Roofe from the off. As it stood, we handed all the initiative to Slavia from the off and never really got going (again). It might also quite well be the case that some of the relentlessness and spark went with 55, even though players and staff might argue with that. IMHO, since snatching 55, over the 2 legs, we probably only played like we use to do for some 20-30 mins in Prague. Let`s hope we can rally the troops for Sunday.

https://streamable.com/ak0nwf

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

Likewise, the goalie seemingly doesn`t know whether to stick or twist and ends up in a heap. Roofe went in there, hit the player and as such, a red card is a valid option for the ref. Had the goalie stood back, no-one would argue at Roofe`s attempt of getting the ball down with his foot. Just saying

No, the ball was gone, keeper would have gathered it without issue if Roofe hadn't jumped at full pace with his studs up 6 foot off the ground. Very reckless from Roofe but it can happen in a moment of frustration, he went for a ball he had no right to go for. It was as clear a red card as we'll ever see.

Edited by DMAA