Club statement on Slavia Prague racism

https://www.rangers.co.uk/Article/club-statement-190321/3V4qEF786N7Oj0dEskpfld

RANGERS’ Managing Director, Stewart Robertson, today commented: “Racism is unacceptable in any form and in any setting.

“The racist abuse suffered by Glen Kamara will not be tolerated by Rangers. As a club, we stand resolutely behind Glen as we support him and his teammates.

“We stand behind each and every one of our players. Regardless of race, religion, colour or creed -if you wear the famous blue of Rangers FC, you are one of our own. Everyone, Anyone.

“Several of our players have subsequently received racist, threatening and sickening abuse online. This is abhorrent and once again highlights the responsibility social media outlets have in eradicating abuse from faceless cowards.

“We refuse to acknowledge any attempt to defend, deflect or deny the abuse Glen Kamara experienced last night.

“Our Manager, Steven Gerrard has already underlined his own disgust at this incident and support for our players. We can confirm that Steven, our Chairman Douglas Park, Sporting Director Ross Wilson and I, met last night to agree our club stance.

“We also met with UEFA representatives. This incident has been reported to the UEFA match delegate and we understand that it has formed part of his match report.

“UEFA will be well aware the football world is watching. We expect a robust and unequivocal response in relation to this incident. It cannot be merely ‘swept under the carpet’- we are not prepared for Glen Kamara to be yet another statistic. Enough is enough.

“We note the injury sustained by Ondrej Kolar during an accidental collision last night. Our Club Doctor treated the player and we hope he has a speedy recovery. We wish the club well in the next round of the Europa League.

“There will be no further comment until we receive a response from UEFA.”

FWIW, it's very easy to like this statement on here and think no more about it.

Instead, think about your own behaviour. Think about your own mistakes. Think about how you can improve. Think about how you can help others. Condemn & educate: ignorance is not an excuse.

22 minutes ago, Frankie said:

FWIW, it's very easy to like this statement on here and think no more about it.

Instead, think about your own behaviour. Think about your own mistakes. Think about how you can improve. Think about how you can help others. Condemn & educate: ignorance is not an excuse.

Are we all racists now? I only ask because this sounds like Critical Race Theory speaking. If I’ve got this wrong, apologies. 

Edited by Charloch

7 minutes ago, Charloch said:

Are we all racists now? I only ask because this sounds like Critical Race Theory speaking. If I’ve got this wrong, apologies. 

Where did I suggest that?

If you're perfect in your behaviour, well done, you're some guy!  I know I've not been and am always looking for ways to educate myself. I'd imagine that's the case for most but there's always a few people who find themselves above that kind of honesty and self-examination.  And that's today's paradox.

26 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Where did I suggest that?

If you're perfect in your behaviour, well done, you're some guy!  I know I've not been and am always looking for ways to educate myself. I'd imagine that's the case for most but there's always a few people who find themselves above that kind of honesty and self-examination.  And that's today's paradox.

I’m far from perfect. I’m maybe  just overly sensitive to language exhorting such improvement these days (especially in white male contexts) as it tends to emerge out of the CRT paradigm. I well understand my own heart and the darkness within it. Again, apologies. I was seeking clarification. My misreading. . 

Edited by Charloch

FWIW, I don't want to be condescending or patronising to people but I would hope that everyone takes the time to watch the Goldson presser from today to see where I'm coming from with my earlier comment.

I'm also not saying racism is unique to black people or any other ethnic group but, with direct reference to my own experience, I don't think I've been in the same kind of situation or subject to the same raw emotion as he and Kamara experienced last night and clearly still feeling today.

It does make you stop and think.