Club statement on Slavia Prague racism

1 minute ago, Frankie said:

I'm also not saying racism is unique to black people or any other ethnic group but, with direct reference to my own experience, I don't think I've been in the same kind of situation or subject to the same raw emotion as he and Kamara experienced last night and clearly still feeling today.

It does make you stop and think. 

In Gerrard's interview last night this bit got me. 

"How is Glen Kamara now?"

"In the worst possible way you can be. Visibly upset. I've known this player for two and a half years and I've never seen him like this".

It's very easy not to appreciate the actual impact it has on victims. It's horrendous that they have to through this playing at the top level of football.

Racism all any form is abhorrent and has no place in society. Nobody should be subject to racial abuse full stop. Anyone who behaves in a racist manner should be dealt with appropriately. 

However, we still don't take racism seriously and punishments (if they are even handed out) are not befitting the crime. An example is the recent Ian Wright case. 

UEFA will "dodge" this situation but we can't let it slide. Line in the sand time and I stand squarely behind our club, management and players. 

As Frankie says, seeing the reaction last night of our players and management, it is a good time for self reflection and honest assessment to see if I, you, us are doing enough to eradicate racist abuse. 

We can lead hear and this statement raises the bar and we all need to get 100% behind the club, management and players.

One Glenn Kamara - kick out racist scum.