Rangers Post-split Fixtures

14 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

A third trip to the worst pitch in football beckons. 

Worth noting we are 20 points clear despite having played the next 4 best teams in the league twice away and only once at home, with the opposite of course true for the deposed 8.5 times champions. All randomly done of course.

As soon as I saw the split and saw we had Hibs, Celtic, Aberdeen at home my first thought was "guaranteed if this league was still there to be won at least one of those games would not have been at home".  Given the league is over they may as well give us the toughest games at home as it doesn't matter - then if it is competitive next season they can point to this season and say we had the toughest games all at home.

9 hours ago, Gribz said:

Any organization that cant get things like this right is a farce. Its been going on for years. 3 away trips to one team!! Why cant they just honour what is supposed to happen and make it 2 homes and 2 aways. If that means 4 homes and 1 away in the split then so be it - it evens everything over a season. There is no advantage.

For rangers and celtc it is always 19 home and 19 away. That's what leads to this. 

they even things out from that perspective. can you imaging if we got 21 aways and celtc 16 as is possible. 

6 minutes ago, craig said:

As soon as I saw the split and saw we had Hibs, Celtic, Aberdeen at home my first thought was "guaranteed if this league was still there to be won at least one of those games would not have been at home".  Given the league is over they may as well give us the toughest games at home as it doesn't matter - then if it is competitive next season they can point to this season and say we had the toughest games all at home.

if you have to go to a team 3 times it is the lowest in the league at the split you go to. 

9 hours ago, Gribz said:

Any organization that cant get things like this right is a farce. Its been going on for years. 3 away trips to one team!! Why cant they just honour what is supposed to happen and make it 2 homes and 2 aways. If that means 4 homes and 1 away in the split then so be it - it evens everything over a season. There is no advantage.

It's because we should play 19 home and 19 away, and ensuring that is generally a fairer system. 4 homes and 1 away would mean 20 home games and 18 away.

If Celtic got more home games than us then we'd be up in arms.

The system isn't perfect but given the split, I'm not sure there's a fairer way to do it.

20 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

It's because we should play 19 home and 19 away, and ensuring that is generally a fairer system. 4 homes and 1 away would mean 20 home games and 18 away.

If Celtic got more home games than us then we'd be up in arms.

The system isn't perfect but given the split, I'm not sure there's a fairer way to do it.

Scrap the split ?

51 minutes ago, craig said:

I think it just rotates every year, presumably by league position. What is interesting though is that last season there was no split but they chose to act as though there had been. So we had Hibs, Celtic and Aberdeen at home in 18-19, then we would have been away to them last season but we didn't reach the split, and now we are back to playing them all at home for the second time in a row. You'd have thought they would have just put us away to them since last season didn't happen.

17 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I think it just rotates every year, presumably by league position. What is interesting though is that last season there was no split but they chose to act as though there had been. So we had Hibs, Celtic and Aberdeen at home in 18-19, then we would have been away to them last season but we didn't reach the split, and now we are back to playing them all at home for the second time in a row. You'd have thought they would have just put us away to them since last season didn't happen.

It was more of a priority to have us going to the bheasts, sheep, Hibs & Livy all away in the first quarter so they could try to get the bheasts an early lead in the title race. 

Next season , if we are to believe these things are based on previous years seedings, we should be playing 2 of these 4 sides at home and 2 away in the first quarter. I imagine we will also be away to Hearts early in the season, but of course that will be purely a random computer generated outcome.?