A reduction in sectarianism would be a good thing obviously, but let's not equate calling someone an orange/h*n/f*nian/t@ig bastard to what Kamara had to put up with.

It's not even in the same ball park (notwithstanding UEFA's warped standards).

I think Doncaster and Lawwell's idea of what constitutes sectarianism may differ from some of ours and they have influence in the corridors of football power.

Then you get racist microagressions and unconscious bias.  The issue is more nuanced that just what is and what isn't.

"Let he who is without sin..."

Let's face it you are never going to get rid of racism in football no matter what the politicians put into law or football authorities put into rules it's still going to be a horrid part of life I prefer the Roy Keane or Souness methods .

12 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

IMHO, the very definition of "sectarianism" has received a very specific (anti-Catholic) meaning in the West of Scotland since 2007+/- onwards, and in a similar way "racism" (anti-Irish) too. 

That must've been around the time Jack McConnell decided to "tackle" sectarianism in Scotland & so called charities like Nil By Mouth started to profit?

I'm not sure I'm even that comfortable with trying to eradicate abuse in this way. I think it would be far better to eradicate offendedness. Imagine if no one was offended, abuse would disappear overnight.

On 01/04/2021 at 17:30, Bill said:

I'm not sure I'm even that comfortable with trying to eradicate abuse in this way. I think it would be far better to eradicate offendedness. Imagine if no one was offended, abuse would disappear overnight.

Being called the n word is a little more than just an offensive term. If a white person uses it against a black person it's symbolic of the hundreds of years of oppression that black people have had to deal with, it's a continuation of that. It's not like calling someone a wee wank or something.