5 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

Being called the n word is a little more than just an offensive term. If a white person uses it against a black person it's symbolic of the hundreds of years of oppression that black people have had to deal with, it's a continuation of that. It's not like calling someone a wee wank or something.

Suppose what you say is true in this modern day of being offended,again social media has a lot to do with this.

In my young days and youth I remember that going for a Chinky or an Indian was not offensive but just a choice of meals.

A gollywog was just a child's doll and not an attack on coloured persons.

Having a gay time was nothing to do with sexuality.

Suppose I could go on and on but if truth be known the explosion in technology has a lot to answer for.

1 minute ago, MacK1950 said:

Suppose what you say is true in this modern day of being offended,again social media has a lot to do with this.

In my young days and youth I remember that going for a Chinky or an Indian was not offensive but just a choice of meals.

A gollywog was just a child's doll and not an attack on coloured persons.

Having a gay time was nothing to do with sexuality.

Suppose I could go on and on but if truth be known the explosion in technology has a lot to answer for.

I mean, it wasn't offensive to you perhaps.

1 minute ago, PoohBear said:

I mean, it wasn't offensive to you perhaps.

Don't know your age,but from my user name I take it you have guessed I was born 1950 and brought up in an age less "enlightened" to all the shit that goes on today.

Maybe things were a bit simpler then but it was much more enjoyable than now.

The world now is full of activists willing to stir up trouble at the drop of a hat,has an ever increasing population with idiots fighting wars causing displacements of populations etc. and even in our little country a misguided female on an ego trip trying to put us even more into the mire.

Ah well suppose this is progress.

1 hour ago, PoohBear said:

Being called the n word is a little more than just an offensive term. If a white person uses it against a black person it's symbolic of the hundreds of years of oppression that black people have had to deal with, it's a continuation of that. It's not like calling someone a wee wank or something.

There is no such thing as an offensive word or term. The offence comes merely in the interpretation, this why the offensiveness of certain words varies over time and is never a fixed commodity. It may seem hard for you to accept but what you find acceptable or offensive today will be interpreted entirely differently by those who come after you. What you believe is entirely acceptable today may well cause you to be condemned and ridiculed in the future. You would do well to bear that in mind when judging those who came before you.

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

There is no such thing as an offensive word or term. The offence comes merely in the interpretation, this why the offensiveness of certain words varies over time and is never a fixed commodity. It may seem hard for you to accept but what you find acceptable or offensive today will be interpreted entirely differently by those who come after you. What you believe is entirely acceptable today may well cause you to be condemned and ridiculed in the future. You would do well to bear that in mind when judging those who came before you.

I'm aware that meanings change, and I didn't judge you. However, my opinion doesn't change.

Best to call a spade a space now we have clowns saying that the television show Some mothers do have them is homophobic what next Bill and Ben having to come out the closet 

Anyone, whatever their race, creed or status who exposes themselves on global social media should either accept that they will be subject to abuse or remove themselves from the platform. 

The world is full of nutters that is undeniable and unchangeable. 

Nobody in their right mind can condone anonymous abuse but to try and silence every crackpot on the planet is farting against thunder.

Death threats always make me laugh, often taken as the most serious, but do credible assassins normally give advance warnings? I think not.

If you expose your life to the planet, then you should be savvy enough to ignore the nutters. If not then don't do it and deny them the facility.