The Scottish elections

just off the phone to my brother and he's telling me when he went to vote he encountered one of the sixteen year olds casting his vote with his mother helping the thick twat on how to put an X on a ballot paper that's Scotland's future 

2 hours ago, compo said:

just off the phone to my brother and he's telling me when he went to vote he encountered one of the sixteen year olds casting his vote with his mother helping the thick twat on how to put an X on a ballot paper that's Scotland's future 

i had to drag mine across to vote against the SNP and we live 50 yards from the polling station. 

High turnout in Glasgow, according to reports.

I'm hoping Unionists there have realised the importance of this election but I suspect Channel 5 showing Braveheart a couple of weeks ago might be the real reason.

This has been an enjoyable election. No flags, no processions, no motorcades and no balloons apart from some of the candidates. I thought this would be detrimental to the Nationalist vote but a high turnout says otherwise. Conservatives can generally be relied on to vote even if sometimes it’s not for the Conservative Party.

The result may be less enjoyable than the process.

On 04/05/2021 at 09:49, compo said:

Maybe any referendum should be held in England to see if the English taxpayers wish to continue sending their hard earned north of the border 

I would worry about that - a lot of English voters would vote to get rid of troublesome Jocks.

On 03/05/2021 at 20:51, ChelseaBoy said:

Good article on an overlooked issue that has always been well down the pecking order, but will cause untold consternation when a light is shined on it. 

Only thing I didn't like there was the comment about 'ridiculous' triple lock pension income. The UK has already the lowest pension rates in the Western world so abolishing the triple lock would only make things worse.

38 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Only thing I didn't like there was the comment about 'ridiculous' triple lock pension income. The UK has already the lowest pension rates in the Western world so abolishing the triple lock would only make things worse.

You must mean state pension because I can't see how you would be aware of individual private pension incomes. 

2 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

I do mean state pensions.

For a large number of people the state pension is only a minor part of overall pension income.