The Scottish elections

5 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

No, no, no.

There must be some mistake.

Did the people of East Lothian not see the video of Anas Sarwar dancing?

A good example of the difference between SNP winning a multiple choice election but not a binary choice referendum on independence.

You have to ask yourself, what exactly is it that the SNP has done well that convinces so many people it's the best party to lead the country for another term? All I've seen is an endless catalogue of failure but, fair enough, if that's what people want then that's what they should get.

Just now, Bill said:

You have to ask yourself, what exactly is it that the SNP has done well that convinces so many people it's the best party to lead the country for another term? All I've seen is an endless catalogue of failure but, fair enough, if that's what people want then that's what they should get.

I think the reality, like it or not, is that more and more people are convinced that the UK is not the best way to address the challenges facing the country.   

Any party that stays in power too long becomes stale and corrupt.

It's the lack of fight from the opposition (in Scotland and the UK) that is really disappointing, albeit not as disappointing as how thick around 45% of Scots are.

1 minute ago, stewarty said:

more and more people are convinced that the UK is not the best way to address the challenges facing the country.   

The SNP vote share suggests it isn't 'more and more'.  Not much has changed in the last generation*.

*7 years for normal people

3 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

The SNP vote share suggests it isn't 'more and more'.  Not much has changed in the last generation*.

*7 years for normal people

Relatively speaking.  Their share is still strong enough to get a majority or near enough a majority. 

The challenge for the unionist block is clear in my view.  Come up with a clear and positive vision for addressing the problems we face in Scotland, and folk will be able to get on board.   We are not talking about purely ideological nationalists voting SNP 

Edited by stewarty