[FT] Rangers 4 (Defoe 23; Roofe 30, 32; Patterson 43) - 0 Cove Rangers

• Frankie changed the title to Rangers v Cove Rangers (Sunday KO 6.30pm)

In my mind Cove Rangers are a Highland League side but I see in fact they're second in League 1 with a very decent chance of promotion to the Championship next season. In reality there won't be much between them and the sides at the bottom of the SPFL in terms of player ability, we'll need to ensure against complacency. 

I think Sunday's game is the fourth time that Paul Hartley has brought a side to Ibrox on Scottish Cup duty?

Of course, I don't want to jinx it; however, Paul's results have been poor : Alloa lost 7-0, Dundee lost 4-0 and, Falkirk succumbed 4-1. 

Here's hoping it continues?

9 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

I have received a club e-mail stating there will be NO Rangers TV coverage of this match. Apparently, Premier Sports have exclusivity?

That's correct unless you use a VPN... ;)

9 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

Of course, I don't want to jinx it; however, Paul's results have been poor : Alloa lost 7-0, Dundee lost 4-0 and, Falkirk succumbed 4-1. 

A seven goal victory might do, I suppose but I want more. I want to see Cove humiliated. No plucky lower league nonsense. No consolation goal at the end. Make them change in the bus and no cup of tea at half-time either. If Rangers don’t dish out a good trouncing Mr Gerrard may have questions to answer. 

39 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Make them change in the bus and no cup of tea at half-time either

Sorry that can't be on no matter who their manager is.This would drag us down to the lowest of the low and that is not us.

1 hour ago, MacK1950 said:

Sorry that can't be on no matter who their manager is.This would drag us down to the lowest of the low and that is not us.

Nothing to do with their manager. Vengeful tribalism. On this occasion, ignore me, Mack.

6 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Nothing to do with their manager. Vengeful tribalism. On this occasion, ignore me, Mack.

Is this a teuchter thing?

I hope we cuff them, mainly because Hartley is a nippy wee bastard.

Edited by Gonzo79