Glen Kamara ITV Interview

4 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

So you would ban Derry's Walls and pro-British songs from Ibrox?

Okay.

Did I mention the role of self-flagellation in building ramparts of sanctimony?

9 minutes ago, Bill said:

Did I mention the role of self-flagellation in building ramparts of sanctimony?

Lingerie sections in department stores are scarier than modern UK football grounds.

Demanding harsh punishment for something you yourself will also be punished for is a bit silly, I agree.  

Racism is despicable.  But we need to bear in mind who makes decisions and not dig holes for ourselves.

The authorities have tried and failed to ban certain songs from Ibrox and even weak leaders in the past such as Bain managed to hold our position.

Haggerty has looked stupid when already trying to conflate the disgusting racism of our players with any past (or future) behaviour from our fans.  I wouldn't be worrying about her.

Will there come a day when our behaviour comes under the microscope again?  Of course.

Should that stop us defending our players here and now?  Don't be so silly...

22 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

you think it's sectarian?

The biggest problem quite a few of the loyalist songs including TBB or FTP have is that they are clearly "against" someone/-thing, usually in an aggressive or hate-filled manner. Much of what he Scum sings about is not against, but usually "in praise" of something, so "by default" not hatefilled in the sense of how 20th century West of Scotland defines sectarian. And it seemingly doesn`t matter that those being praised are terrorist anti-British scum et al.

In that context though, Derry`s Walls is not "sectarian", as it praises the apprentice boys et al. Then again, the warped mentality of those who hate us (and who seemingly have a wecloming ear in politics these days) will find wanting offensive - aside from our very existence.

Edited by der Berliner