[FT] Rangers 2 (Aribo 20; Kent 62) - 1 Hibernian

Difficult game, difficult opponents, 3 points ... and sure not at our best for quite a few spells. Next week we will have to do better, but I assume we will.

Aribo for long spells out of the game, not least after his goal. Perhaps safeguarding Patterson`s runs but still, far too removed from the areas you would want him to be in. Would hope we have Wright or Hagi in his place next week, as he seemingly needs quite a few minutes to get going and hasn`t done that much on a consistent basis this year.

Hibs are easily the best Scottish team we have played this season, and for those saying we will need to be better next week to win, I’m not so sure. I really want us to play better, but I think a similar standard would be enough to beat the bheasts, who let’s not forget, are utter dross. 

The big nosed and mouthed Kennedy’s remarks will be pinned up for next week and we will have a point to prove. 

But back to today, I’m delighted to get the win, 2 great goals, mostly in control and in the two periods where we upped the tempo, we scored. Hibs are very dangerous on the counter, have quality and pace up front, and always looked like they had a goal in them.

2 home wins away from a perfect home season, 4 league games away from an unbeaten season, and the title won a month ago. That’ll do for me!