[FT] Rangers 2 (Davis 10; Kenny o.g. 34) - 0 Celtic

My my my beautiful Sunday!

Another comfortable victory over the greatest team to ever play the game, and it’s a long overdue trophy less season for the establishment club and the hordes of horrors in the mhedia and elsewhere who follow them. They truly thought this outcome where they win nothing, not even a single OF game, and we are miles ahead of them would never come. They thought they had killed us off, that their financial and political superiority gave them such a big advantage over us that it would take us a generation to challenge them again, that “the 10” was a foregone conclusion. 

Well I am loving how the reality has really hurt them, and how proud I am that we have a team who are clearly better than them in all departments on and off the pitch (apart from in the mhedia, governing bodies & politics) and how we can beat them with ease. After the last decade of hurt, thrashings, trebles, Ashley and Pedro, we really need to soak up these victories in all their glory. The only regret is having to watch it from home and not being able to be inside the stadium followed by hours of chat in the pub with fellow bears.

While we didn’t go on and thrash them in the second half like I would have wanted to, it was a controlled performance and even when Madden got yet another big call wrong (perfectly honestly as usual of course), McGregor stepped up to deny them a way back, and it was cruise control after that.

McGregor Patterson, Davis Aribo, Kent all had very good games and that was enough to beat the greatest team ever. How far we have come!

The regularity with which we now swat them aside is healing a lot of hurt. The memory of them toying with our Championship teams is at last being put in its proper context.

We’re no longer a club that’s arrived after a long and difficult journey - we’re a club preparing for dominance.   Stephen Gerrard and his entire staff and players deserve more than they know. 

7 minutes ago, Bill said:

The regularity with which we now swat them aside is healing a lot of hurt. The memory of them toying with our Championship teams is at last being put in its proper context.

We’re no longer a club that’s arrived after a long and difficult journey - we’re a club preparing for dominance.   Stephen Gerrard and his entire staff and players deserve more than they know. 

I got a memory on Facebook the other day and it was four years since the humiliating 4-0 semi defeat to Celtic at Hampden - when Murty hung Halliday out to dry. I left after the penalty went in.

Shows how far we have come that we now sit on the verge of a potential domestic double and twenty points ahead of them

This wasn't a stroll today.

Celtic had some great chances and blew it.

Two goals put Rangers in a position to stop chasing the game and absorb pressure.

Looking forward to watching them flail around and overreact for a few months.

Great reading and for me a great big thank you to Celtic for:_

NOTHING

:rfc::yesrfc::rfc:

34 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

wtf was ajer at with the non existent shoulder injury. 

And when did he become able to stop the game whilst trying to get treatment for said fake shoulder injury? Also, he limped off the pitch to get treatment on a shoulder injury 

36 minutes ago, Thinker said:

Irrespective of your opinion of Tom English, this is an enjoyable and satisfying read:

'Rangers' Scottish Cup win over Celtic completes extraordinary Old Firm power shift' By Tom English, BBC Scotland

Of course, BBC Scotland's Irishman, English, misses the point that when his much vaunted sellik side, and players, were lording it, the  Rangers' team contained, with respect to them all, as triers, such as Russell Martin and Ross McRorie at CB, Andy Halliday out of position at LB, Holt and Dorrans in midfield, Jason Cummings up front, and so on. 

Sellik domination was, as its euro adventures indicated, little more than that of a cock strutting on a dungheap.

The more Rangers' succeed, now, the more spit and polish will be applied to rahoops team and players of that era. 

(Did Rodgers' "Invincibles" lose to Lincoln Red Imps? Or have I got that wrong?)

Edited by Uilleam