European Super League | All six PL teams withdraw from ESL

This new CL format, called the 'Swiss model', seems, understandably, to have been ushered in to little attention. 

It seems to me this is moving the CL the same way as the ESL. 

There are two spots left to the discretion of UEFA - to be given based on historical performance! It's a safety net for 'big clubs'.

29 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Wow!

That's one of the stupidest things I have ever seen!

Does Agnelli wear a bib to the dinner table?

Having said that many football fans will eagerly devour this shit sandwich and beg for a second helping.

46 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

This new CL format, called the 'Swiss model', seems, understandably, to have been ushered in to little attention. 

It seems to me this is moving the CL the same way as the ESL. 

There are two spots left to the discretion of UEFA - to be given based on historical performance! It's a safety net for 'big clubs'.

It beggers belief that this grotesque carve-up wasn't enough for the ESLers. And despite showing themselves to be back-stabbing, lying traitors they still get to fall back on this fat reward. Once again, great work UEFA!

9 minutes ago, Franc Ergs said:

Is this the same Andrea Agnelli that's just resigned ? .

There ought to be severe consequences for him. Up until a couple of days ago he was playing along with the Swiss Model plan, blatantly lying and all the while participating in secret ESL negotiations.

Edited by Thinker

I wonder if there could be milage in forming an alternative "no dickheads" ECA. The "elite" clubs have been twisting UEFAs arm up it's back with this threat of a breakaway league for years, and now it's been faced down. And in pandering to them they've created a monster (or 12 monsters). Maybe UEFA are ready to listen to thoughts of fair-minded clubs who'd rather see sporting merit prioritised over dosh?

Nah, probably not...

Edited by Thinker

24 minutes ago, Thinker said:

I wonder if there could be milage in forming an alternative "no dickheads" ECA. The "elite" clubs have been twisting UEFAs arm up it's back with this threat of a breakaway league for years, and now it's been faced down. And in pandering to them they've created a monster (or 12 monsters). Maybe UEFA are ready to listen to thoughts of fair-minded clubs who'd rather see sporting merit prioritised over dosh?

Nah, probably not...

giphy.gif

Hypocrites.

It beggers belief that this grotesque carve-up wasn't enough for the ESLers. And despite showing themselves to be back-stabbing, lying traitors they still get to fall back on this fat reward. Once again, great work UEFA!

The cynic in me suggests that this is seems a very convenient diversion to sneak this jobbie buttie through unhindered.

5 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

The cynic in me suggests that this is seems a very convenient diversion to sneak this jobbie buttie through unhindered.

I know what you mean, but it's easy to underestimate the bungling, amateurish incompetence of football's leading lights. It would be less embarrassing for them if this debacle was a cunning piece of misdirection, but it really does appear to be a straightforward story of greed and stupidity.