Summer Recruitment?

3 hours ago, Bluedell said:

I suspect Hagi and Kamara may be the ones to leave.

Gerrard hasn't been starting Hagi in big games recently and he may think that it's time to leave. Kamara may be one where the buying club values him at a similar level to us. That could be the issue with Alfie. I'm not sure anyone buying him will value him at what we would be looking for. His lack of outright pace may put some clubs off.

When he first came in he was excellent, however he has struggled this season a bit, most players take a good while to settle into Scottish football, I do like him but if we were to sell him I don't think we would miss him as much as we would with regards to any of our better players & one I think we could replace fairly easy!.

I would like him to stay though, unless we can bring in a player with similar quality and make a good profit on selling Hagi.

Every starting player we sell introduces risk, and it will be very difficult to decide how much risk to take ahead of absolutely massive Champions League qualifiers. 

These qualifiers are arguably the most important in our club’s history. Progressing to the groups this season would make us massive favourites to win the league and therefore attain the big prize at the end of next season, automatic qualification to the groups. It would be far easier for the board to re-invest prize money from this season when there is an enormous cash prize guaranteed to the winners of next season’s title. 

That was a bit of a digression to say the least. 

We will have to sell one or two of our better players - that's just the way it is.

Players will go where they're offered the best money and where they play regularly in big matches, so we can't compete with most EPL clubs.

I really hope we keep Kamara and Morelos but if the manager makes some good signings, from cheaper markets (Belgium, Croatia etc.), there's no reason we can't improve.

13 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Midfield is the main area where we need reinforcements.

Billy Gilmour isn't getting a look in at Chelsea - no chance of a loan?

A Chelsea fans forum suggested that earlier in the season. Would be great cover for Jack or alongside him.

A loan to Rangers would be great for Gilmour's development - if he plays. 

I see him as a Davis-type player; a deep-lying playmaker. 

I've been more than impressed whenever I see Gilmour play, but I'm not sure I like the idea of signing him on loan. We wouldn't be developing our own, and would he get ahead of Davis? 

I would rather see Kelly -- who has done well at Ross County -- get a game as a Davis replacement.