[FT] Rangers 4 (Roofe 26, 57; Morelos 32; Defoe 90+2) - 1 Celtic

No Helander or Arfield for Sunday... :(

FWIW, I think Simpson has done OK but we're also clearly short in midfield and that's what has been affecting us in recent games: from defensive cover to our attacking play. Improvement needed on Sunday.

Hopefully the players can re-focus, after a few sub-par performances.  I'm not sure how 'up for it' the yahoos will be but I expect a tough match.

Take our chances and we'll win.

'Mon The Rangers!  ??

Midfield crisis. I just don't see who we can call upon to replace a warrior like Arfield. I think the only option may be to play 4 or even 5 in midfield with Kamara and Davis playing more defensive roles and the likes of Wright and Hagi trying to link with a front 2.

I like Bill's suggestion about possibly flooding the midfield as this is their only strong area IMO.

Having both Kamara and Davis sitting will give our full backs their usual license to fill the wide areas with a suggestion to play Kent and Morelos up front playing more centrally.

I do have concerns about our central defender Simpson, hopefully it will be the making of him.

Being an ex goalie i'm piss poor at the tactical side of the game but i'd go with;

McGregor

Tav    Goldson    Simpson    Barisic

Aribo      Davis       Kamara    Wright

Morelos    Kent

Edited by onevision
Removed Hagi, my 12th man ;-)

Just go out and go on all out attack from the first whistle two strikers up top two players playing like bandy leg wingers feeding them with crosses cut backs one twos and hammer this horrid bunch once and for all 

And dont forget to polish up our shooing boots sometimes think they are scared to have a buzz at the opposition goal. 

Tora Tora Tora that's the nip word for tiger and I would attack them like tigers ?

Edited by compo

5 minutes ago, compo said:

Just go out and go on all out attack from the first whistle two strikers up top two players playing like bandy leg wingers feeding them with crosses cut backs one twos and hammer this horrid bunch once and for all 

And dont forget to polish up our shooing boots sometimes think they are scared to have a buzz at the opposition goal. 

I hope that you don't intend to charge Mr Gerrard for supplying this team-talk.

Edited by Uilleam

38 minutes ago, onevision said:

I like Bill's suggestion about possibly flooding the midfield as this is their only strong area IMO.

Having both Kamara and Davis sitting will give our full backs their usual license to fill the wide areas with a suggestion to play Kent and Morelos up front playing more centrally.

I do have concerns about our central defender Simpson, hopefully it will be the making of him.

Being an ex goalie i'm piss poor at the tactical side of the game but i'd go with;

McGregor

Tav    Goldson    Simpson    Barisic

Aribo      Davis       Kamara    Wright

Hagi

Morelos    Kent

Not sure Celtic will be happy with us playing with 12 players... ;) 

3 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Not sure Celtic will be happy with us playing with 12 players... ;) 

Every time we play ra Sellik, we field 12 players. Of course, one of our players wears all black. 

Wullie Collum, Kevin Clancy, Nick Walsh, .......... etc