[FT] Rangers 4 (Roofe 26, 57; Morelos 32; Defoe 90+2) - 1 Celtic

Normally OG games are occasions for great anxiety. I'm not feeling that now, not out of any sense of over-confidence but just because there isn't really anything at stake. The important issue was decided weeks ago. I would still hate to lose though as Celtic fans would act like they'd done their precious 10.

On 01/05/2021 at 02:22, der Berliner said:

... but I`d bet we`ll go ...

McGregor

Tavernier - Goldson - Simpson - Barisic

Kamara - Davis

Roofe - Aribo - Kent

Morelos

Its likely to be that XI but it will be set up:

McGregor

Tavernier - Goldson - Simpson - Barisic

Aribo - Kamara - Davis

Roofe - Morelos - Kent

Hagi or Wright could easily replace Roofe and personally Id have one of them in from the start.

10 hours ago, Biblio said:

Normally OG games are occasions for great anxiety. I'm not feeling that now, not out of any sense of over-confidence but just because there isn't really anything at stake. The important issue was decided weeks ago. I would still hate to lose though as Celtic fans would act like they'd done their precious 10.

Think we’d like to remain unbeaten in the league for the season but I do share ur view that our work is done.

For me this is a must win game, the last few games have not been anywhere near the performances we expect from this team, any game against them should be a must win and after that awful Cup result last week we need to come out fighting and put them to the sword. 

Hopefully we muster up a good showing today. Apart from a decent little spell in tbe cup game, our last 3 OF performances have been mightily underwhelming IMO. We need Roofe, Kent, Morelos and Aribo to be on it today. And can we please try to get in behind as opposed to lobbing in one pointless cross after the other. Yes, I'm looking at you Borna.

Really want Roofe to be influential. After a lot of promise, his season has fizzled out because of injuries. Almost fulfilling all the prophecies from Leeds fans when he signed.

Could we go with Wright today? Unknown quantity for the Tims

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

1 hour ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Hopefully we muster up a good showing today. Apart from a decent little spell in tbe cup game, our last 3 OF performances have been mightily underwhelming IMO. We need Roofe, Kent, Morelos and Aribo to be on it today. And can we please try to get in behind as opposed to lobbing in one pointless cross after the other. Yes, I'm looking at you Borna.

Really want Roofe to be influential. After a lot of promise, his season has fizzled out because of injuries. Almost fulfilling all the prophecies from Leeds fans when he signed.

Could we go with Wright today? Unknown quantity for the Tims

Some stats ...

1Roofe has played 9 league games, has 10 goals , 2 assists ...  of those 3 / 1  as centre forward, 7 / 1 as right- or left-sided attacker. (Total: 33 games, 14 goals, 3 assists, played 1,891 ; avg. 57 mins per game).

By comparison, Kent has 8 goals and 9 assists in 33 league games (Total: 49 games; 12 goals, 13 assists and 4,012 mins, avg. 81 mins per game).

By comparison, Morelos has 11 goals and 4 assist in 24 league games (Total: 41 games, 16 goals, 12 assists and 2,948 mins; avg. 72 mins per game).

There is no reason to drop Roofe ahead of others, not least when he could support our front line better than e.g. *insert anyone shoe-horned into the right attack slot*. Just my humble opinion. I would actually like to see Wright on the left side of the attack and Kent in a free-roving role behind Morelos, with Roofe on the "right". Maybe not today, but every now and then.

Edited by der Berliner