Championship Play-offs

Belting game of football, very enjoyable. Hopefully Brentford go up now. I think the commentator mentioned they have been in 10 play offs and never went up via them.

In League one Sunderland miss out again - 3 years in that tier for a big club.

Lincoln, despite being poor the first half, were by far the better side. They have a young team and play a nice brand of football. Sunderland were poor; their tactics were to basically lump it up to the two big forwards. 

It is a shame for a club of that size. They need a rebuild, a la Southampton. I believe most of their players are actually out of contract at the end of the season, so it's a perfect opportunity. Will the fans accept it, though?

I thought Barnsley were poor. They tried but they just lacked the quality on the final ball. Swansea didn't do much, but they were pretty solid, and took their goals clinically over the two legs. Grimes' goal was class. 

I'd like to see Brentford go up. 

2 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Lincoln, despite being poor the first half, were by far the better side. They have a young team and play a nice brand of football. Sunderland were poor; their tactics were to basically lump it up to the two big forwards. 

It is a shame for a club of that size. They need a rebuild, a la Southampton. I believe most of their players are actually out of contract at the end of the season, so it's a perfect opportunity. Will the fans accept it, though?

I thought Barnsley were poor. They tried but they just lacked the quality on the final ball. Swansea didn't do much, but they were pretty solid, and took their goals clinically over the two legs. Grimes' goal was class. 

I'd like to see Brentford go up. 

I spent a year as a Staff Officer in '84, based at the Duke of Yorks Barracks, Chelsea. It was the nearest I ever had to a 9 to 5 job in my sixteen years in the Army. Initially, I tried Stamford Bridge, then White Heart Lane and Highbury. I had a go across the river at the Old Den, it was better, nearer the Scots experience. However, I settled most Saturdays/midweeks at Griffin Park. A good going Brentford could attract 12,000 fans. It was perfect for football, a dozen pubs within a five minute walk of your seat/preferred standing position.

I would like to see Brentford go up too, they deserve it.

Brentford were/are a real community club. Back in the day, I would nip into a pub, the Horseguardsman and regularly meet a multi-generational Brentford supporting family. The old lad had memories going back to the 20s-30s. He related Brentford and Millwall would deliberately target Scots players as the spine of their teams, the character of the clubs was hard and gritty. I attended a Brentford - Millwall fixture, it was different, the Millwall mentalists turned up in green surgical gowns. Seriously, a couple of hundred standing there in masks and gowns? I believe they called themselves, 'F Troop'?