Championship Play-offs

18 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

I spent a year as a Staff Officer in '84, based at the Duke of Yorks Barracks, Chelsea. It was the nearest I ever had to a 9 to 5 job in my sixteen years in the Army. Initially, I tried Stamford Bridge, then White Heart Lane and Highbury. I had a go across the river at the Old Den, it was better, nearer the Scots experience. However, I settled most Saturdays/midweeks at Griffin Park. A good going Brentford could attract 12,000 fans. It was perfect for football, a dozen pubs within a five minute walk of your seat/preferred standing position.

I would like to see Brentford go up too, they deserve it.

Brentford were/are a real community club. Back in the day, I would nip into a pub, the Horseguardsman and regularly meet a multi-generational Brentford supporting family. The old lad had memories going back to the 20s-30s. He related Brentford and Millwall would deliberately target Scots players as the spine of their teams, the character of the clubs was hard and gritty. I attended a Brentford - Millwall fixture, it was different, the Millwall mentalists turned up in green surgical gowns. Seriously, a couple of hundred standing there in masks and gowns? I believe they called themselves, 'F Troop'?

From what I remember from the 1977 tv documentary, that section of the Millwall support were called 'Treatment'. F Troop (who I think included the infamous Harry the Dog) just looked like the typical 70s hooligans of the time.

46 minutes ago, Biblio said:

From what I remember from the 1977 tv documentary, that section of the Millwall support were called 'Treatment'. F Troop (who I think included the infamous Harry the Dog) just looked like the typical 70s hooligans of the time.

I don't remember the Documentary, I do remember the mask and gown mob regularly chanting, "SURGICAL". I thought the 'F' was for fighting; however, the word, 'Treatment' is well sinister. What does Sarf London Treatment entail?

Congrats to Brentford FC.

As explained earlier, I have a real soft spot for the Bees.

At the tenth play-off attempt, they have defeated Swansea 2-0 today at Wembley. They will play in next season's Premiership, the first time in England's top tier since 1947, seventy-four years. The only sadness is that Griffin Park will not witness the return.

59 minutes ago, compo said:

Bees swans magpies hornets  and eagles what other kind of nicknames do we have 

Of the animal variety, Foxes, Tigers, Rams, Robins, Lions, Seagulls

1 hour ago, Scott7 said:

Of the animal variety, Foxes, Tigers, Rams, Robins, Lions, Seagulls

Eagles (Palace).

Well done Brentford, nice to see a new side into the league.

On 23/05/2021 at 12:54, 26th of foot said:

I don't remember the Documentary, I do remember the mask and gown mob regularly chanting, "SURGICAL". I thought the 'F' was for fighting; however, the word, 'Treatment' is well sinister. What does Sarf London Treatment entail?

I think they just dressed up like that for the cameras, Millwalls main mob in the 70s was F Troop, which then became the Bushwackers in the 80s

3 minutes ago, Gribz said:

Blackpool up to the Championship, beating Lincoln in the play off. Good on them.

I wonder if that rascal Oyston is still involved down at Blackpool