Rangers quartet nominated for Writers' player of the year award

All four deserve huge credit for what's been achieved this season and there are another 2 or 3 other names that could also have been on the list. But ignoring who has had memorable moments or who played most often and focussing purely on overall influence on the season as a whole, my choice would be .... 

1. Tavernier

2. Davis

3. Goldson

4. McGregor

I think this season has been transformational for Tavernier. He looks like the captain, the leader, we've lacked for many years now.

Tav for me, quite simply at another level right from the off this season and like most true Rangers captains, led by example on both sides of the ball.

As for other nominees, for me it would have been Kent, Barasic, Morelos all ahead of Davis, Kamara, Aribo, and then Goldson and McGregor who was a spectator for large parts of the season before having a few spectacular games as the pressure mounted showing his class.

The amazing thing about this season is that there are so many outstanding candidates and about 10 of our players could easily make a 4 man shortlist. I’m reading my fellow Gersnetters comments in this thread and can easily accept that the cases put forward are perfectly valid ones for any number of our players this season, even the likes of Goldson & McGregor who I have 8th & 9th I can see why others have picked them as POTY. 

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a season like it, but I hope we are having the same happy problem next year, and the year after,.......