Rangers quartet nominated for Writers' player of the year award

This is really pleasing to note and you could easily make a case for someone like Kamara and Kent as well. Very difficult to choose one player as this season has clearly been a fantastic team effort.

In a couple of weeks I'll finalise our own forum votes so it will be interesting to note those results which are free from recency bias.

McGregor for me....

To surpass The Goalie takes a lot and he has done it

Im going left field to an extend with my 3

1. McGregor

2. Kent.

3. Barisic

Edited by Gribz

I feel like it's only relatively recently we've taken notice of McGregor and Davis. They've definitely been good all season, but they were quietly efficient. I think they've really stepped up to get us over the line, and that's why the spotlight is on them now. 

However, I still think Goldson and Tavernier were the base for the whole season. 

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

That's definitely the correct four players.

My order FWIW

1. Goldson

2. Tav

3. McGregor

4. Davis

although I could easily swap 1 and 2 and swap 3 and 4.

Can't argue with BD's order of selection.

Goldson, Davis and McGregor have excelled all season in their respective position, rightly candidates for this award. Tavernier has not only excelled as a defensive right back, an area he's been criticised for in the past, but he's taken the attacking side of his game to a completely new level. He's currently second top with 'assists' and the 6th top goal scorer in the entire league, from right back. Even his leadership, again something that's been questioned in past seasons, has been unrivalled this season. It's Mr T. for me.