The Summer 2021 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

If we think he's a top talent why is he spending the season at Dunfermline? I'd expected him to join Livingston or Ross County or St Mirren this season, and see if he could force his way into an SPFL side and if he could then see what his performances are like at that level. I just don't think it's possible to go from the Championship to the Rangers first team. We either think Kennedy is still at least 2 years away from our first team or else he's never going to make it with us, in which case sell him now and let him get on with his career. It's a very strange move. 

4 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

If we think he's a top talent why is he spending the season at Dunfermline? I'd expected him to join Livingston or Ross County or St Mirren this season, and see if he could force his way into an SPFL side and if he could then see what his performances are like at that level. I just don't think it's possible to go from the Championship to the Rangers first team. We either think Kennedy is still at least 2 years away from our first team or else he's never going to make it with us, in which case sell him now and let him get on with his career. It's a very strange move. 

I understand where you are coming from, but I think you're caught up on the league -- again, if I may say so, because you had a similar issue with our B-team playing in the lowland league. 

I suspect it's down to play-style. Dunfermline are expected to do well and dominate games. I think this is preferable to defensive football in a relegation fight. I think he's expected to make a big contribution to that. 

You've probably read this, but Mulholland said, “we believe that their style of play and excellent grass surface will be conducive to Kai making a big impact.”

1 hour ago, JohnMc said:

I suspect we will recall him in jan and send to a higher level club. Most important thing for him is to get a game every week. 

C Adam and Greigs did well after loans to championship teams. 

8 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

I wish to God we would see an end to this Joey Veerman saga

That's transfer windows for you.  

Given the improvement in our squad since SG took charge and the inevitability of comings and goings, I prefer to just sit back and enjoy it.

13 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

That's transfer windows for you.  

Given the improvement in our squad since SG took charge and the inevitability of comings and goings, I prefer to just sit back and enjoy it.

Oh I am but I get annoyed when my phone opens up on google with info. from such as 'Vital Rangers' and 'insider' etc.

3 hours ago, Rousseau said:

I've dug this out:

"The vast majority of sides in the Championship are comparable to half the SPFL, you could swap St Mirren, Ross County and Motherwell with Dundee, Raith Rovers and Dunfermline and see no change in quality."

--JohnMc, May 12.

giphy.gif

Hahaha! I don't want to know what kind of records you keep! 
I still think there's little difference between most, if not all, Championship clubs and the bottom half of the SPFL. The difference is the the teams in the SPFL will play against at least 3 or 4 better sides 3 or 4 times during the season, whereas the Championship sides will play against similar quality sides all season long. It's not that I think Dunfermline are significantly poorer than Ross County, I don't. I just think that after spending most of last season at Raith Rovers, a club who play possession based passing football, it was time for him to step up a level or leave. 

The coaches know more about him than me, I'm just surprised that at 19 they don't think he should be playing at a higher level than the Championship. I expected him to follow the Stephen Kelly model of a season in the Championship then a season the SPFL, like we've done with Ben Williamson. If nothing else a season at SPFL level gives him a bigger shop window and increases any potential fee we could get if we choose to sell him next summer. 

I guess we have to trust Mulholland and his coaches on this.