The Summer 2021 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

17 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

Looking on another forum, it seems that many fans accuse Jones of having an attitude problem and therefore wish him gone. What evidence do they have for this, apart from the covid breach situation (when he was not the only one involved, and I thought that had been dealt with)? Must say, in the pre-season games he looked all right to me. Can play on either side and has pace.

He's been done in the last year for careless driving on the M8.  He felt attending Wembley with 60,000 fans recently was a good idea.  There are other apparent issues which I won't post here but suffice to say I'm not sure professionalism is his forte.

However, as always, if he does the business on the park, I'm happy to be a hypocrite on that front but, FWIW, I can't see him featuring a whole lot as the season progresses and I'd be surprised if he was still around by the end of the window.

Updated the OP with a bit of ex-loanie and youngsters info ...

Jamie Murphy - Hibernian - free transfer

Lewis Mayo - Partick Thistle - season long loan, callback option 01/22

Kai Kennedy - Dunfermline Athletic - (as above)

James Maxwell - Ayr United -  (as above)

Rhys Breen - Dunfermline Athletic - undisclosed fee)

Edited by der Berliner